Windows Version: Vista x64 SP2
    CPU Type: Athlon II X2 250 dual-core
    [Memory: 8gb
    Motherboard: Asus M3A79-T Deluxe
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750
    Video Card Driver: 8.690.0.0
    Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD
    Sound Card Driver: 6.10.2.6520
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow audio
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Codec pack: SAF 400b23test5

Suddenly whenever I try to play ANY video of ANY format within MP, it locks up! I have to open the task mgr to kill the process (and see that the "fullscreen video" application is "not running"). I usually get a windows error message saying that MediaPortal has stopped running, but I don't get any error from MP itself.

I've tried running it in debug mode and I'll attach the log, but I don't see any obvious errors.

I think this is probably codec related somehow. Yesterday I noticed that my subtitles weren't working correctly - I'd have to pause and unpause the video to get them to show up, and they would just stick on the screen one at a time instead of displaying properly (a pause\unpause would clear the current one and show the next one, etc.) I didn't have DirectVobSub installed, just the SAF codec pack. I then noticed that the Haali Splitter configuration wouldn't load, so I reinstalled that. And tweaked around with some settings in FFDshow, in the MP config, etc.

Once I noticed that MP wasn't playing videos I reverted all the settings I changed back to their previous values. I uninstalled and reinstalled SAF. I even installed a fresh version of MP - and in its basic state it WOULD play videos again - but once I installed the MediaStream skin (which has been working fine up until now) I'd have the same problem, MP would lock up. And it's happening in Blue3 and any other skin as well.

Also, all my videos will play fine (with subtitles) in every other non-MP media player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom