Fullscreen Visualisation problem (1 Viewer)

FlyinWhee

Portal Member
May 22, 2007
Joliette
Home Country
Canada Canada
I haven't seen any other posts about this specific problem, so here I go:

I have set up a visualizer (TwistedPixel, but the problem occurs with any of them) and I have set up my 'start' button on my MCE Remote to 'Show GUI', so that it would set the visualisation to go fullscreen when I press it (or any other forum of video playing). So far, so good.

But when a song ends, while the visualizer is running fullscreen, MP calls up its hm, 'info panel' telling which song is now playing, but it forces the visualizer back in the bottom right corner, right there with the song info, and the whole screen just becomes black, with that tiny box down there, that doesn't disappear. It's both annoying and potentially harmful to my Plasma TV (at least temporarily).

So I was wondering if I was simply missing the setting that disabled that info box, or if it's my 'show GUI' command that was the problem, or, well, what else?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you all!

Edit: I am using the latest SVN (09-12-2007), on the Spinsafe Revolve skin... but I don't think the skin is the problem, then again I could be wrong.

FlyinWhee

Portal Member
May 22, 2007
Joliette
Home Country
Canada Canada
Still didn't work with BlueTwo Wide (but instead the small display popped in the left hand corner, given that's where that skin places it, and with no song info next to it).

But the good news is, I fixed it - I don't know how it has to do with anything, but it seems having the cross-fader on the BASS player at 0.00 seconds causes it. I simply moved it to 0.20 seconds and now the problem doesn't occur. The visualizer seems to screw itself up (visualizer hangs, refuses to restart even after pressing stop) if I skip all the way through the song by steps (pressing the up arrow), but I don't see why I would do that instead of using the 'next' button, which reacts normally...

So it seems everything is fine now, thank you for the quick reply, reminds me of why I stick with MediaPortal... even though I have to admit most of the fun I have had with my HTPC yet has been setting it up more than using it :D

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom