Further Development (3 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice to see some development on this again :)
    But I have three questions:
    1) Is it possible to have a portable version? That means without setup etc... just a zip with the binaries to run :) I have it laing around on a shared drive so I can run it from everywhere and I don't want to install it everytime just to get the binaries :D
    2) Is there also a repository for the src?
    3)Do you have a changelog?

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Everything works as expected. Only fullscreen is not working. Well done mate!
    I really hope the development will continue!
    Thanks

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updated the live Version. Should now work on x86 and x64 Systems. You still need to have VLC installed. Also implemented PiP funtion for those of us with multiple tuners => just right click on a channel to send it to the pip windows.
    PiP is very buggy at the moment.. Going to improve this in the future.

I will upload this client to github or somethinh as soon as I cleaned it out a little bit... Portable version can be done.. but its without updating then and System needs VLC installed.. maybe i can get it to work with VLC portable.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will upload this client to github or somethinh as soon as I cleaned it out a little bit... Portable version can be done.. but its without updating then and System needs VLC installed.. maybe i can get it to work with VLC portable.
    thanks!
    It would be enough if you provide the source, than I compile it by my self :p Don't want to make you extra stress ;) Otherwise just provide plain binaries^^
    Thanks for your work on this little client! :)

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks!
    It would be enough if you provide the source, than I compile it by my self :p Don't want to make you extra stress ;) Otherwise just provide plain binaries^^
    Thanks for your work on this little client! :)

Here You go: Download MPTVClient2.rar
    Note: No AutoUpdate with this Binaries

arikzinger

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I'm trying to run the appliction on Win7 x64.
    After pushing Connect i get this error:
    "The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached".
    For some reason the configuration reterns to mySQL refusing to save my selection of MSSQL.

How can i fix this?

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
    February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How can i fix this?
    Ensure that the server name is correct. The program uses the same configuration as the TV-Server application iirc. If you want, you can copy the Gentle.config file over, and this will force whatever other settings you use.

arikzinger

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    As advised I have copied Gentle.config from the Tv Server. This definitely bypasses the problem.
    Thank you for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom