FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite fully working with EPG Australia (1 Viewer)

flacco54

October 14, 2005
Hi All,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has contributed here so far. I was able to find parts of information to assist in my setup of MP. Congrats!

The good news. I now have a FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite tuner card fully working within Media Portal. Further more, Recording and Time shifting are fully working also!

It's fast too! about 2 seconds to change tv channels, no frame drops etc. I am really happy.

I have also completed configuration of my EPG for Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia. Again, it is fast. It takes about 10 seconds to grab 6 days of tv guide information - complete with descriptions.

First of all - make sure you do/have the following:
1) Install Media Portal 0.2.0_RC1
2) Install the latests CVS (make sure you run start.bat)
3) Install the Dvico FusionHDTV3.0RC1Web.exe drivers from the www.dvico.com website.

This will ensure the best success when getting your dvico card working. To tune channels, when you add your tuner card you need to select the Fusion....Stream card type (not the S/W or H/W ones). Then just complete an auto tune.

Once you have the channels found, I decided only to have SD channels as HDTV does not seem to be fully supported in my region (yet?).

The next little trick is getting the right codecs! I said the other day to a collegue of mine, playing with and configuring codecs is going to be the demise of HTPC for the everyday user.

I found that if I had the wrong codec selected - weird stuff happens. Things like, if I had the wrong audio codec selected - the video would not display? weird I know. In the most extreme cases, the wrong codec selection would BSOD my computer! So take my advice - persist with trying different codecs.

So what codecs do I have? for TV Video I have a Zulu HDTVV DxVA Decoder(DBA) selected. Others worked, but the zulu one is really clear and does not drop frames. I was able to use the Dvico HDTV ones when playing with the HDTV channels. For Audio I am using DNTV Live! Audio as this was the last one I tested without crashing (This obviously requires installation of the demo version of DNTV Live!). Others work fine so feel free to experiment.

The EPG was accomplished by the use of TVxb. Download it and the configuration file for Sydney. Install wherever you want. The secret is in the configuration of the ini file. The output file that TVxb produces needs to be called tvguide.xml and saved in the xmltv folder of media portal (xmltvoutput="C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml"). And you ned to make sure the name of the tvchannel is the same as what Media Portal found through your Fusion card. If you want a copy of my ini file, pm me.

It took a while to get it all configure and working - but it is well worth it. No go play and configure and pull some hair out!

Good luck all!!!

(Some of this information is already available, but not all in one place. It has taken 2 days of scouring the forums and other sites along with lots of testing just to get this far. This information is designed to save you time and in my view - is for the greater good of the Media Portal forum users)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well done flacco54.....I am interested in this comment:-

flacco54 said:
    I now have a FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite tuner card fully working within Media Portal.
    Further more, Recording and Time shifting are fully working also!

2) Install the latest CVS
    Quite a few of us have found that Timeshifting is broken for DVB-T cards in the most recent CVS (from about October 10 - there's a bug logged in Mantis). What is the most recent CVS that you have applied?

flacco54

October 14, 2005
    mediaportal-cvs-10-13-2005--19-44

I must admit, I was a little worried about applying the latest CVS because of what I had read about the latest CVS releases causing probs with time shifting and recording.

I do have a problem with the aspect ratio having a mind of it's own. To get the wide screen behaving properly on my tv I need to have a 'stretch' aspect ratio enabled. But it randomly switches between normal and stretch?

Also, it gets out of sync every now and again. And the recorded programs behave really funny when playing them back. They play ok, but you cannot fast foward the clip (I still have to watch all the darn ads!). Sometimes it will fast foward, other times it will just go back to the start of the clip? Really wierd. Has anyone else had this or should I file a bug report?

flacco54

October 14, 2005
    Apparently, having DNTV Live! installed makes a difference. I've been helping washy (who is also in Wagga) set up his configuration and he seems to think that the changing factor to getting his working was DNTV Live!

Timeshifting is definately buggy. It crashed my system last night. But atleast it has worked more times than it has failed.

Playback of recorded shows still a problem. I am dropping out of MP to play them in the old media player 2.

washy

Portal Member
    August 26, 2005
    Thanks for all your help, flacco54! I had just about given up trying to get everything working until your help came along. For the record I couldn't even get MP to tune any channels. Now I have every channel tuned and running smoothly, also the TV Guide is working great, and I have no problems at all. The only problem I do have is the same as flacco54, the timeshift function is pretty much unseablle for me. It's extremely jumpy and it closes MP after just a few seconds. My recording is great though, no jumping at all.

All I did was do ALOT of downloading. I downloaded the latest build of MP, and the latest CVS. Then I downloaded DNTV Live after reading another forum where people said they could only tune channels if it was installed. I don't know if it actually is needed, I haven't tested. Then I downloaded the latest Dvico software and drivers, and thankfully, everything ran smoothly.

Once again, thanks heaps :D

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    This is back to how it used to be when the Fusion first worked with MP. You had to have DNTV Live installed to get it to work at all.
    I am disapointed to see after so long of having my Fusion card working that I cannot get it to work properly with the latest MP. I guess I will stick with 0.1.3.0 until support is stable.

It would be handy to see the Wiki list of supported cards updated to show wether the cards are supported under 2.0 now.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    graemef said:
    You had to have DNTV Live installed to get it to work at all.
    I have a Dvico Fusion DVB-T card working just fine with 0.2.0.0RC1 and I do not have DNTVLive! installed. I am using the latest BDA drivers from Dvico (3.11).

I did discover a few months back, that once DNTVLive! had been installed, you had to leave it installed in order for MP to continue to work. I have no idea why, but uninstalling DNTVLive! then broke MediaPortal... :?

So, at that point I started from scratch and completely rebuilt my PC from a disc format upwards (and without DNTVLive!) and it has been fine ever since.... :)

I also discovered that you need to install the whole FusionHDTV Application - just installing the BDA drivers is problematic.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Taipan...i had trouble with the latest Dvico 3.11 drivers ...so in CVS we have reverted back to using the 3.00.1+3.00.3hotfix ..not sure if this change effects any1 atm...

anything

Portal Member
    April 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    i finally have MediaPortal working with my Fusion Lite.

MP 2rc1
    Latest CSV (15th Nov)
    Nvidia Video/Audio decoders, VMR 9 all round.

I can get all HD channels including 7 and 10 with no jitter/sync problems fast channel changing and no blue screen of death.

Only down side is Recording and Timeshifting isnt working, but i can live without those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom