FusionHDTV LiveTV TVGuide buttons (1 Viewer)

lerebel

Portal Member
March 13, 2007
Perth
Home Country
Hi guys,

I am using a FusionHDTV remote (comes with the FusionHDTV 4) and that works well with Media Portal for the most part. I have almost all buttons mapped correclty by customising the software that came with the remote.

The only buttons I can't work out are LiveTV and TVGuide. Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut for LiveTV and TVGuide in Media Portal? I can then get the remote to genenerate these keys for LiveTV and TVGuide. What options do I have? It seems this remote is not supported by Media Portal out the box....

Thanks!

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi lerebel,

There's a plugin called "My Keys" that will enable many screens via keyboard shortcuts in Mediaportal.
    For example, the Guide is 'g' and LiveTV is either 't' or 'T' depending n which screen you actually want. I use this plugin so I can script Mediaportal to automatically start fullscreen TV when Mediaportal starts.
    The only issue with "My Keys" is that it will stop you typing things like URLs or save-names for playlists as you will jump to other screens when typing.

Hope this helps,

Nick Name.

lerebel

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi,

Thanks for suggesting "My Keys". As you mentioned, this upsets things like searching music by typing regular keys... That's a shame. Does anyone know if the source code for"My Keys" is available? It would be useful to provide an extension so the LiveTV and MyTV buttons can be mapped to non- alphanumeric keys at least.....

Otherwise, does anyone know of an alternative to get TVGuide and LiveTV to work with the FusionHDTV remotes?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom