fuzzy recording (1 Viewer)

guyf

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi There,

I noticed we have several options in advanced recording.

There's 1 I realy like "record every time on this channel at this time"

Unfortunately "this time " sometimes changes with 5 or even 10 minutes.
If this is the case Mediaportal skips the program. Wouldn't it be nice if we can add a fuzzy factor with several minutes ?

day1
news 18:00-18:10
news 19:00-19:30
news 23:30-00:10

day2
news 18:00-18:08
news 19:00-19:40
news 23:30-00:55

You can cleary see that News related programs tend to start at a fixed time but never ends at the same.

Thanks for reading
Guy Forssman

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yah taht would be great. In DK we have series that some times more a coupe of hours. To make sure i get alle episodes recorded i set it to record every time on this channel. But this also gives me all the retransmissions.

René

alpax

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Record Season (this daily timeslot, this channel)

Absolutely agree - this is very useful!

GBPVR has an option Record Season (this daily timeslot, this channel), which I've been using most of the time.
It is obvious how it works - it just records the selected show every day on the selected channel, but the important detail here is that timeslot is actually an interval about 4 hours, which means if the selected show start time varies (but stays inside that interval), the recording schedule will be adjusted accordingly and the episode will be recorded correctly.

This is probably the most needed feature I'm missing in MP TV engine. There are some shows, which start time depends on other small programs, so they can start for example at 7:55 or 8:20, which means it is difficult to cover these variations with pre- and post- recording (record an extra hour just in case?)

GagReflex

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Can't MP use the EPG so we can record a program name rather than a channel and time?.. Using that WITH the fuzzy recording time would fix any issue?..

alpax

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Can't MP use the EPG so we can record a program name rather than a channel and time?.. Using that WITH the fuzzy recording time would fix any issue?..
This is what I suppose. It should definitely check the EPG (along with the channel and time). Doesn't it do this now?

GagReflex

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
This is what I suppose. It should definitely check the EPG (along with the channel and time). Doesn't it do this now?

No, It doesn't appear to.
For example.. I record a series thats on every Saturday night. Occasionally the show will not be on, but MP still records during the time it's normally on..

Also the show sometimes in the EPG is a little earlier or later but MP still records at the original times...

alpax

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
For example.. I record a series thats on every Saturday night. Occasionally the show will not be on, but MP still records during the time it's normally on..
Ha! This is exactly what I got myself and described here.

Also the show sometimes in the EPG is a little earlier or later but MP still records at the original times...
Well, it seems like a huge feature is missing in MP. Hello, Team-MP, any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Nice idea! I am waiting for this features too!

Roberdin

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2005
    London, United Kingdom
    This isn't a bad idea, obviously. But I still believe that what MediaPortal is missing is a proper series record option, that records all new programmes, or at least all programmes not already recorded. That way, it would not record repeats when it has already recorded the programme earlier in the week. This is a bit of a problem for me because BBC like to repeat their flagship shows within a matter of days leaving me with numerous duplicates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom