FYI - Great idea here I think (1 Viewer)

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been using MP for years. Until I discovered XBMC, with XBMC I can get Free EPG for US, EASY to setup for my TV Tuners (HD HOMERUN), and now I can record NEW NOT RERUN TV SERIES... OMG
    Took about an hour to download, install, and get the basics working flawlessly. Using the Aeon Skin which is incredible and very customizable. (MP is not nearly as simple)
    So here is my suggestion, make a plugin that works like the XBMC one, it uses media center service to get TV Tuners and EPG. So simple...

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this a trolling post? because MP can easly do the same.. or even beter. If you want to watch tv then MP is by far your best go!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, I for one don't think @ap90033 is trolling - at least deliberately.

Your suggestion might be useful - perhaps even more so if you would be so kind to give us more info, pref. a link or two, to the magic XBMC plugin... Who knows, maybe someone will pick it up....?

Last edited:

Chenewer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have been using MP for years. Until I discovered XBMC, with XBMC I can get Free EPG for US, EASY to setup for my TV Tuners (HD HOMERUN), and now I can record NEW NOT RERUN TV SERIES... OMG
    Took about an hour to download, install, and get the basics working flawlessly. Using the Aeon Skin which is incredible and very customizable. (MP is not nearly as simple)
    So here is my suggestion, make a plugin that works like the XBMC one, it uses media center service to get TV Tuners and EPG. So simple...
    Do you get multichannel decoding with that setup?

vita

Portal Member
    April 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been using XBMC for over a year and switched to MP1 / MP2 for testing-purposes, because:
    - XBMC Frodo LiveTV is a pain in the ass (setup aswell as playback, especially with DVB-T)
    - XBMC without tweaking the quality of video playback, it is far worse than MP default video playback

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom