MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    dbgurudk;504184 First of all said:
    1. DXVA with PDVD7 codec works for both MPG2 and h.264
    2. ca. 60% CPU load for mpg2 SDTV is too much for DXVA, independantly of CPU-type
    3. to setup the codecs in MP Configuration is not always enough. You have to verify your graph (=chart showing the codecs used by the playback process) with Graphstudio (just google). Maybe the PowerDVD codec is not even loaded...

I use PDVD 7.3 with latest patch with the onboard ATi HD3200 with good results.

IIRC there are some limitations for DXVA @ PDVD7, Could you try using a newer version?

this is new for me. Could you be more specific? Which version do you suggest? PDVD9 codecs cannot be used for external players anymore :-( the same happened with PDV8+latest update

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can't remember the limitations of PDVD7 (and I'm to lazy to search for it atm:)).
    If you use the correct version of PDVD9 , PDVD9 will show up under h264.

Tips: Read the SAF thread or google dxva.rar :)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    meanwhile I have already came along HD Pack 2.2 (because of a different problem: DXVA artefacts with certain h.264 files) and installed the PDVD9 codecs. I can say: no visible difference between PDVD 9 and PDVD 7.3 (mpg2 SDTV 576i or HDTV/mkvs 1080i or 720p)

thanx anyway

Tips: Read the SAF thread or google dxva.rar :)

:) you are kidding :) 2808 replies ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom