Gamepad support (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dazzyb2K3 said:
Will be good just to grab a controller and go! - does MP detect the device automatically of is there something to configure?
Choose the controller in configuration.exe and be happy. It's auto-configured then. Of course, you still have to calibrate it in windows. But that's the nature of those analog parts of gamepads/joysticks.
Furthermore, if you want to change the mapping, because you feel you wanna add more buttons, for example, you can do it in configuration.exe as well. But usually, it works after enabling it right out of the box and should suit most people's needs. I guess that's what you're looking for... :wink:

Configuration.exe/Remote/DirectInput

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dazzyb2K3 said:
Sounds cool - will this disable my MCE remote?
No. Of course you can have as many devices as you like, as long as they don't belong to the same family. So, for example you could use an MCE remote, your gamepad, a FireDTV, a Hauppauge remote and your keyboard all simultaneously. Well, assuming you have so many free hands, of course.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dazzyb2K3 said:
Thaks for the info, i'll give it a try tonight - will make it much simpler when I just want use mame...just grab the pad and go :)
That's the idea, why we implemented it. :wink:

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
kaburke said:
But you can't use 2 gamepads (or 2 joysticks, etc.) simultaneously?

not yet, kaburke! But should not be that hard to add!

What I wish to add first:

* support for userdefined button-combo to end a launched program
(=> button combo for killing any launched emulator!)

Then I can check multiple pad-support...

Cheers,

Daniel

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I guess i did not think far enough. Theoretically you can use hundreds of MCE remotes, hundreds of Hauppauge remotes and hundreds of FireDTV remotes simultaneously. Should work. The "family-limitation" I mentioned is for those "wired remotes" like gamepads, joysticks, etc. only at the moment. But, as waeberd already said, it shouldn't be hard to change.

Slyder0244

Portal Member
February 22, 2005
very cool i had wondered about doing this before but hadn't looked anything up on it or even tried yet since i also do alot of emulation in mp and have an adapter to use my ps2 controller with my pc so i can't wait to try this out later tonight

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Slyder0244 said:
.... alot of emulation in mp and have an adapter to use my ps2 controller with my pc

Yeah Slyder, the ps2 pad rocks - even on the PC!
Great quality for the price!!
MUCH more reliable than those logitech pads IMHO.. :)

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom