Gametrailers - support thread (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Gametrailers - new and improved version

I already have a version scheduled for the next OV release that will let you chose SD or HD when available.

sleepydog

Portal Member
    October 20, 2011

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Currently working on a new version since Gametrailers 2.0 launched and messed everything up, hoping to have it done in a few days tops.

/Edit:

My draft so far is listed below, know how to get it working but stuck at the PlaylistUrlRegexp step because Online Videos doesn't seem to allow more then 1 named regex group in the PlaylistUrl step.

For Gametrailers I need to retrieve 2 strings from the html source (token / video_id) and got both matched but can't parse them for the next step (FileUrl) :(
    Anyone know of a solution for this besides making a custom util?

HTML:
    <Site name="GT 2.0" util="GenericSite" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="English">
      <Description>-</Description>
      <Configuration>
        <item key="videoListRegEx"><![CDATA[<meta\sitemprop="url"\scontent="(?<VideoUrl>[^"]*)"/>\s*<meta\sitemprop="name"\scontent="(?<Title>[^"]*)"/>\s*<meta\sitemprop="thumbnail"\scontent="(?<ImageUrl>[^"]*)"/>\s*<meta\sitemprop="description"\scontent="(?<Description>[^"]*)"/>\s*<meta\sitemprop="uploadDate"\scontent="(?<Airdate>[^"]*)"/>\s*<meta\sitemprop="duration"\scontent="(?<Duration>[^"]*)"/>]]></item>
        <item key="videoListUrlDecoding"><![CDATA[HtmlDecode]]></item>
        <item key="nextPageRegEx"><![CDATA[<li\sclass="next"><a\sclass="override_nav_background_color\soverride_nav_text_color"\srel="next"\shref="(?<url>[^"]*)">&rarr;</a></li></ul></div>]]></item>
        <item key="nextPageRegExUrlDecoding"><![CDATA[HtmlDecode]]></item>
        <item key="playlistUrlRegEx"><![CDATA[\s*data-contentId='(?<url>[^']*)'*.*data-token="(?<token>[^"]*)"]]></item>
        <item key="playlistUrlFormatString"><![CDATA[[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/feeds/video_download/[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]{0}/{1}]]></item>
        <item key="baseUrl"><![CDATA[[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]http://www.gametrailers.com[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]]]></item>
        <item key="videoThumbFormatString"><![CDATA[<meta\sitemprop="thumbnail"\scontent="(?<ImageUrl>[^"]*)"/>]]></item>
      </Configuration>
      <Categories>
        <Category xsi:type="RssLink" name="Xbox">[URL][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/xbox-360/videos-trailers[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]</Category>
      </Categories>
    </Site>

/Edit 2:

See that OffByOne has already made a siteutil for this one, will update it with the new regex and search code if he doesn't mind :)

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version send to Offbyone :) , still not perfect but it's a good base version.
    Things that aren't working yet:

-Search
    No way to directly link the category trailers/videos (javascript calls) so only game results are given, did add it so someone else might get it fixed.

- Subcategories
    Javascripts calls are made to switch Categories now, couldn't find any direct links to these.

- SD/HD support
    Using the download button for the direct link and can't find out how to parse it along so it reverts to HD.

For the rest it's all good though :D , was a little tricky to get working since they don't even support RSS anymore but oh well it might get better once they have ironed out all the bugs.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for your help! I committed your changes to SVN and updated the site now.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your welcome :) , happy to help out when I can.
    Almost done with Subcategories support as well, will post it when it's completed (hopefully today :p )

/Edit: New version completed and send the new link, changelog:

- Added Dynamic SubCategory support (all subcategories on the site are now supported)
    - Bugfix for description text (added htmldecode for special characters).
    - Changed NextPage function and Regexp.
    - Code cleanup

Also found a way to get the search working but requires some more testing, so maybe in a few days or so.

/Edit 2: Was quicker then I thought but search function is now fully working and send new link to Offbyone

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi.. just tried the updated gametrailers in online videos plugin and i see categories and thumbnails even.. but it says url not found when i try playing any video

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Best to wait for when the newer version is online, it might be fixed already but if not please let me know.

/edit: Offbyone transferred maintainer rights for Gametrailers.com to me, so I will be publishing updates for this site from now on.
    The new update is live so please let me know if there are still any issues :)

PS: If it breaks at some point due to site change for instance then PM me and it will get fixed.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some regional settings were adding quotations around the video_url (my en-US workmachine had no troubles) and broke playback, this has now been resolved and after updating it will work correctly in all cases.

/Edit: The Gametrailers devs thought it would be funny to rename the <A> tag link with the VideoURL to "Thumbnail" (which is of course wrong ;) )
    New XML published and playback is working again.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added new console categories and E3 2013 to "ALL" category for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom