Gathering MediaPortal add-ons & Plugins closed 12/21/05 (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: More Plugins

Jean-Max said:
    You tell me to link to the "Patches" Section in Sourceforge :
    -> for Infos ?
    or
    -> to replace the direct download links ?

I just mentioned it as it is probably most up to date for downloads, so you might consider referencing it.

A

Anonymous

Do not host the freeware version of Girder v3.29 or u got the same problems like me, little tip from me. I must remove that from my website. Its not a joke...

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2004
    FRANCE
    Crash said:
    Do not host the freeware version of Girder v3.29 or u got the same problems like me, little tip from me. I must remove that from my website. Its not a joke...
    OK; Thanks :)

But the 2 download links are to 2 public servers, not to my personal website
    ...and, I see now that these two links are no more active ...

But a (good) link to a public server for this free version would not be allowed ?

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2004
    FRANCE

LetterJ

Portal Member
    May 15, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    selling (parts of) MP or asking money for MP or the plugins is forbidden

Not to nitpick, but I see this misstatement all the time. Be sure you read the GPL carefully. It does NOT forbid asking money for GPL'ed products. It happens to have that effect, but it's not forbidden. You can charge anything you like. It's just that any one of your customers can ask for the source and then give it away themselves, thereby eliminating the market for your more expensive option.

I find a lot of people who put their software under the various open source licenses haven't really read them carefully (not saying you're in that group). Then, statements where someone states that the software is under the GPL and then in the same sentence repeat the "non-commercial" myth that's not part of the license.

A

Anonymous

Dude don't nitpick then. this subject has been beaten to death before and it is disrespectful to the hardworking developers.

great site Scubefr, really a good place to go to get all you need to get this puppy started

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom