Geforce3 vs Geforce6 tv out quality (1 Viewer)

falcc

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I currently have one of the original Geforce 3 64MB cards.

I'm looking at replacing this with a passively cooled 6200A and was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of tv out on the 6 series cards compared to the 3's.

I'm hoping it has improved considerably!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    There may be some but its not like it would have jumped a huge step. I remember my gf3ti did the tv ok and so does my gf6200. The only difference you will notice is if you use the hdtv encoder + component out on the 6200. Then it comes out 10x better :) Otherwise dont expect miracles.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    As far as I have seen yes. Just watch the 6200 you get as there are 2 models. The regular halfsize 64bit 6200 which is fanless and a 6200A which is either 64bit or 128bit and has a fan (fullsize card too).

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Might have to contact them on that one. It doesnt state anything about the encoder and there are no reviews so we cant check that way and there are no photos of the card from another angle. Either that or go for a PALIT or Xpertvision card, they look the same, are cheaper and definately have it.

R

rtbrjason

I have a geforce3ti 200 in another pc and it doesn't cut it for tv out quality with media portal. It's not directx9 compliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom