General problem of font size (1 Viewer)

zeflash

Portal Pro
July 7, 2005
Home Country
France France
Hey,

it's not exactly a bug that's specific to Aeon, but rather a general bug that touches all skins in mediaportal.
I'm using vista, and on a FullHD screen, the default fontsize setting in windows (96dpi) makes everything a bit too small. So I changed that to 120dpi, and everything is more readable when I look at the screen from my couch.

But, the problem is it also affects the font size in Mediaportal. Everything is bigger, and that's not good as it makes things overlap, be out of bound, etc.

I've tried applying some changes in fonts.xml, to scale things down (general multiplying each height value by 0.8 and using the closest integral value), but at least in Aeon I go from a font that is too big to a font that is waaaay too small, no matter what kind of changes I make. Can someone explain why?

Thanks.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MP1 is not playing nicely when it comes to the DPI size changes. Unfortunately there is no easy way to solve it. Basicly MPII is needed for that.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok. I thought it was.
    But I also found out why my size modifications didn't produce the expected result: it's because my freakin' text editor keeps adding a ? at the beginning of the xml file!
    Makes it unparsable by MP, so it ends up using the system font for everything.
    sorry about this useless thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom