Generating thumbnails for all images at once (1 Viewer)

miked

Portal Pro
January 19, 2007
Currently, in order for the thumbnails for a folder of images to generated, I have to actually go into each folder and wait for the thumbs to be created.

Is there a way that I can just say "Create thumbnails for all image sin this folder and walk away? The one by each thing is a bit silly for more than about 4 folders of images, and I have about 80 folders.

Anyone?

...Mike

miked

Portal Pro
January 19, 2007
Just to clarify, what I mean is the I have a folder called "Portfolio" and in it are about 70-80 subfolders, some nested. What I want is to be able to tell Media Portal to make all thumbnails for all images in all subfolders.

Is this possiblle?

...Mike

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If this it's in My Pictures can't you use "Create Thumbs" on the left menu?

Regards
    Roy

miked

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2007
    That only works for the current folder though. I want it to do the current folder and all subfolders as well.

...Mike

miked

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2007
    Anyone else have any ideas? This is killing me. If I could program in windows I would certainly give it a whirl. But I can't.

...Mike

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Hi Miked, can't offer you any solutions.
    But wanted to say that I spent some time last weekend looking for an offline utility to create folder.jpg files (recursively and from commandline).
    Plenty of hits for mp3/coverart related stuff but nothing for plain old .jpgs.
    It should be pretty simple for a tool to build a composite of images - I thought an offline tool would offer some choices of styling - but it doesn't exist as far as I can tell :(

BigJ.

hst

Portal Member
    June 14, 2006
    Germany
    Hi all,
    had the same problem with hundreds of folders ...
    So I've written a script (Bash in CYGWIN) to generate all thumbnails.
    I first calculate the filename to put the thumbnail to the ..\thumbs\pictures\folder using a DOS-CRC algorythm (that's what I found in MP source code) . Then I'm using convert from ImageMagix to create both thumbnails (small and large). Works fine for me ...
    Cheers, Hans

miked

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2007
    I sure would love to get my hands on that script Hans. Any way you could email it to me?

...Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom