Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anyone have tried this with Imon Pad and has some working files for Imon and this plugin?

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had V2.0 keyboard inputplugin working in RC3 with an SL-6399 with a custom map, it worked fine. Then with the 1.0 release I had issues with the plugin and found this 2.1 version which seemed happier.

I now have issues after you select any video. Then press the stop button, the back and home keys stop working.

You can go in and out of My TV or My Videos no problems with back or home. After starting Video or TV its fine but if you stop the live feed the back and home keys no longer work. I have tried it with and without default mappings in Media Portal Expert Config screen. Makes no difference.

Anyone got there working under MP 1.0 and Keyboard input plugin 2.1.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    THIS IS THE BEST PLUGIN - really great now my Imon PAD is really cool functional :)

mhm there is an Action switch Home i need an action switch to basic home...

Mhm Condition is playing TV does not work for me. Or does it not mean - when TV is on.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    mhm there is an Action switch Home i need an action switch to basic home...
    If you are already on home, ACTION_SWITCH_HOME will take you to basic home, so it can get you to basic home with 2 keypresses if you are anywhere else.

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    disaster123,

so come on, tell us how come this is so good. How have you got your imon set up - i'm interested to know?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can post my imo File and the Keyboard Plugin xml when i'm ready if you want :) But i'm using it only for DVD and TV so Radio, Music and Pictures is not fully setup.

AudiV8

November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi SilentExcept!

I'm german and I'm sorry for my bad english ...

1st, the PlugIn is very great. Thanks very much!

I'm using the new version of KeyboardInputPlugin (Version 2.1.0.0).
    Before installing PlugIn, I can go in my-Music and toggle with the SHIFT-Key between to beginn the search of any media or the command for MediaPortal. But now i can't. The SHIFT-Key has no response. When I try the CAPS-LOCK-Key, i can enter the search, but i can't roll back this option. The CAPS-LOCK continue to exist. Is this a bug or can I anything do?

I hope you understand me ...

Best regards
    AudiV8

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    I use this plugin with my media center remote, as the standard media portal support for mce remote doesn't work.
    This plugin works for the most part but sometimes pressing buttons such as back stop working and I need to push the stop button in order to fix that.
    Since my remote acts like a keyboard in vista the ok button is enter, so if I configure ok to be enter in the plugin it makes enter register as 2 presses in media portal, strangley enough it doesn't do this with the directional buttons or any other buttons.

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a question on Basic Home as well. There is a window choice in the plugin's config that is called "Second Home". When I select that on a key combination and then look in the .xml that's written, the xml ID is set to 35, which is the ID found in BasicHome.xml in any skin. Much to my surprise though when I press my key (CTRL-ALT-H in this case), I just land in the regular home screen with Radio selected as the default choice.
    What I'm looking for is a way to have a key that will ALWAYS go to Basic Home instead of toggling like 'H' does in default MP. With Second Home I thought I found just that, but it looks to me as if the plugin has a bug here. After all, the IDs for all other key combinations in the .xml file match the ID of the skin xml file they're showing, with Basic Home being the only exception.

Have I overlooked something or is this really a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom