Generic Skin - Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@Mattsk88

When swapping between views I suddenly find myself launching movie details for a movie.. Its when you enter "large iconview" that the focus shifts from the views button to the first movie in your list..

That may be a bug in the view switching logic in the plug-in itself. Mattsk88, is there any way you can control that with a skin change?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
You have a command for default control I believe, but I'm not sure if that comes into play when switching views.. I normally just mod others xml's, I rarely build such basic functionality myself.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
@Mattsk88

When swapping between views I suddenly find myself launching movie details for a movie.. Its when you enter "large iconview" that the focus shifts from the views button to the first movie in your list..

That may be a bug in the view switching logic in the plug-in itself. Mattsk88, is there any way you can control that with a skin change?

I could set the default control to the view change but that is less than ideal, ill have a closer look at it later.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Let me know if you want me to add anything mattsk88. I could maybe for example have the plug-in parse a few new defines so you could specify a default ID for each view...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I think it's a bug in the view swapping logic. Made an issue, and will try to get this resolved for 0.5.3.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Percentage instead of absolute pixels in skins?

Im not very good at xml, but wouldnt the generic skin files fail if placed within a skin with different res in reference.xml then this one (which is 1366x768? I mean objects placed at <posX>1281</posX> and <posY>721</posY> in a 1280x720 skin would be outside the screen..?

Anyways it should work for Aeon, so I'm happy :D

thx

Yes good point this is a 1366 by 768 skin only

This is one of my pet peeves with MP, since I have a non-standard resolution (1280x768).
    All of the skins seem to specify everything (position & size) in absolute pixels.
    Is there no way to use relative specs, like the percentages supported in HTML?

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Skins are scaled, so a 1366x768 skin should work almost perfect on a 1280x720 screen. So its not absolute pixels, but with a screen with a wrong AR things will get out of place.

The reason I brought this up here is because using a 1366x768 skinfile on a 1280x720 _skin_(not screen), would put things off screen.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Skins are scaled, so a 1366x768 skin should work almost perfect on a 1280x720 screen. So its not absolute pixels, but with a screen with a wrong AR things will get out of place.

The reason I brought this up here is because using a 1366x768 skinfile on a 1280x720 _skin_(not screen), would put things off screen.

Yep as long as AR is the same then skins should work ok.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mattsk88

Hi Matt, any objection if i release your Moving Pictures default skin with Aeon Wide, just looking to do a new release and would be nice to natively include support for such a great plugin :)

Big Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom