Generic subtitles retriever library (movpic, tvseries etc.) (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

I use all available subtitles providers "provided" by seco's DLL.
    So if u drop in a new version of seco's DLL with further support for more providers, then these new providers will suddenly popup in the config section as well as in within mediaportal (when using the subs retr.)

so in conclusion if seco's dll supports bierdopje.nl then mine does as well :)

I've posted a msg to seco hoping he would review and integrate this.
    I've also dropped fforde a message.

/gibman

currently danish and english are the only langs defined.

But adding other scrapers is possible? Like bierdopje.nl :p It's there in seco's downloader, just not fully working. There was a bug that was supposedly easy to fix.

And have you contacted ltfearme and fforde with this?

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe someone can compile the builds and post them here? I can't seem to really get it done :p

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    +1

Pleaseeee :rolleyes:

Maybe someone can compile the builds and post them here? I can't seem to really get it done :p

No, we are not allowed to release stuff because the developers don't want to a lot of people coming and asking question. The head developer from moving pictures has said this multiple times and I guess that's the same for moving pictures.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not a release, just a compiled build with this patch included to save us the headaches of having to do it ourselves and probably failing.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, but it contains newer stuff that is not yet released into public as think patch is compiled to trunk which is not the same as the moving pictures 1.0 release released into public.
    If you are unsure how to compile it follow the guides at moving pictures/mptvseries wiki and or ask for help(irc+forum+pm) Then are quite useful. Remember to follow them exactly!

Please read:
    Sorry guys, I am going to have to lock this thread and remove the download. It has been a very long standing forum rule that custom built DLLs for Moving Pictures can not be distributed via the Moving Pictures forums. This creates confusion among users and can negatively affect the general perception of Moving Pictures. It also hurts our ability to support the software.

Gibman, I am very disapointed that you posted this here rather than submitted a patch. Why did you not PM me or one of the other Moving Pictures developers? Or log into our IRC channel? Or even comment in our existing ticket for automatic subtitle downloading? We would love additional help with Moving Pictures, and would welcome your changes with open arms. This is not the correct way to contribute though.

Gibman, if you or anyone else is simply not interested in contributing to Moving Pictures itself, but you still want to distribute a modified version of the software, this is fine (posted somewhere else). We release under the GPL after all. These modified versions need to be clearly distinct from Moving Pictures though. They can not simply be a recompiled, slightly modified version. The name needs to be changed and it needs to be clear to a casual observer that the software being run is not Moving Pictures, but a variation there-of. Even something as simple as "Gibman's Moving Pictures" on the splash screen would be fine. Please understand that these are requirements under the GPL and any release not meeting these conditions are in violation of this licence.
    from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/subtitles-downloader-teaser-74537/index2.html

So, no.....

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe RAR the two dll's and PM them? :) It states there it shouldn't be posted on the forums to avoid confusion. Outside of that all is allowed.

Sorry if I sound whiny... I just really want this but I just can't seem to get it compiled.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it also states it should be released as a different product/project. And yes, you sound whiny ;P To state my point: did you have to pay for any of this software? It is all open source, either learn to contribute, programming, documenting and or several other task lay waiting, or wait for a new release. The Devs are not getting paid (as far as I know) to develop this software and most of it is done in spare/free time for the fun. Please don't take that away.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Please do not provide any compiled version of movpics.
    They will be deleted.

Not sure how the policy is on tvseries stuff though ?
    One thing I know is that you have to use your own API key for tvdb.com access when doing your own custom compile.

I attached vers 0.2 of tvseries.

/gibman

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello all,

I was away for 3 weeks but now I'm back.

I guess now I need to review the code that gibman has wrote and then make changes to tvseries plugin (need to discuss about this with ltfearme too).

Also moving pictures integration needs to be planned with moving pictures developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom