Gentle.config for MP1 client running against MP2Server with TVE3? (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got it.
    My fault was to edit the gentle.config in
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0
    and not
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\

The MePo2 server is running and I'm able to watch TV in the MP1 client.
    There is one other thing that I would like to clarify:
    I have disabled the MP1 TVService. But after starting the TV configuration of the MP2 server the disabled MP1 TVService is switched to "start automatic" again. Than after a restart of the server computer both services are running (TVService of MP1 and the MP2 server)
    Any suggestions about this?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have disabled the MP1 TVService. But after starting the TV configuration of the MP2 server the disabled MP1 TVService is switched to "start automatic" again. Than after a restart of the server computer both services are running (TVService of MP1 and the MP2 server)
    Oh, didn't know this. Probably a "special" behaviour of the SetupTV application which automatically "fixes" things :(

Need to check this.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two other things that I have noticed:
    I have installed the TV Server plugins Tvwishlist and TVMovie++ both of them do actions on a certain time that is configured within the plugin configuration.
    These actions do not start at the configured time. Starting the tasks manual out of the TV config works fine.

The second one is not a Mediaportal problem, but It would be nice to know if this is a known thing:
    I have installed the Kodi TVServer plugin and use the Kodi Android client from time to time on my Android tablet. This does also not work with the TVServer in MP2 environment.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed the TV Server plugins Tvwishlist and TVMovie++ both of them do actions on a certain time that is configured within the plugin configuration.
    These actions do not start at the configured time. Starting the tasks manual out of the TV config works fine.
    Hello @huha do you have a hint for me how to solve this issue?

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Megahorst,
    unfortunately not. TvWishList is currently not supoorted for MP2.
    There are skin issues with the client and i need help to fix that. Can you provide a tvserver log file? I assume you used the latest download from the MP2 TvWishList thread in the plugin section.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume you used the latest download from the MP2 TvWishList thread in the plugin section.
    No, I don't. I'm using the actual MP1 plugin, but only the server part.
    I'm using the SlimTV plugin of the MP2 Server. There in the inbuild TVE3 environment I'm using TVWishlist. As described in this thread the TVE3 database backend is the same one that is used by MP1.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello @huha,
    Did you have time to investigate this issue?
    One additional thing that I have seen:
    On the EPG Tab of the plugin config in the TV-Server setup is mentioned a date in the past for the next run of the search. This date does not change, even if I start the search manually.

In the database the entry TvWishList_NextEpgDate in the settings table is 2015-10-07_08:40

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Megahorst,
    the MP1 Tvserver plugin does not work with MP2. You can try to use the TVserver plugin, which i posted at the MP2 TvWishlist thread. I need the help from morpheus to complete the plugin for MP2. The tvserver part did work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom