Get Album info. How does it work? (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm, i'm afraid i won't see anything in the log, except there's probably some sort of connection error.
    tried again here and works like a charm.

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for looking in to it, but I think I will let this go for now.
    I seem to be the only one having difficulties with the album info. Hopefully it will resolve itself or I will stumble across a solution where I least expect it. My connection is fine I can receive weather info. rss feeds and retrieve info. for My Videos from IMDB. It just seems to be the album info where it draws a blank. My tags are in good order, so I'm wondering if there is something else getting in the way like firewall settings or the immunize settings in Spybot, dunno I'm just making wild guesses now. :)

If I find out where the problem is I will post the solution here.

Thanks.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, so you're talking abouit retrieving Album Cover Art? seems i totally misunderstood you then.

There was an error retrievinbg the Artist Info (Bio, Discography), when you press F3 while being on an artist.
    This is what i have fixed.

You're talking about something a level deeper, being on the Album and you want to retrieve Cover Art.
    That seems not to work as well. Right.

Didn't notice it so far, since i retrive my Album Art work nowadays via "Now Playing", which access Last.fm.
    Willl have a look into it asap..

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Hwahrmann,

No you understood correctly the first time I think. Maybe if I describe what is happening in more detail it will help.

For example I usually have My Music arranged by artist so if I go to "Radiohead" on the list I then see a list of the Radiohead albums I have. If I go to the Album "OK Computer" I then see the track listing for that album. Now from here I press "i" on my MCE Remote and go to "Show Album Info". This used to submit the artist and album title and then retrieve a nice review and track information for that album. Now each time I do this it results in an "album not found" message.

The cover art option you talk about actually works perfect each time, it is just the "show album info" that comes up blank.

I hope my explanation is a little clearer.

Thanks again for your attention.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yup i know what you mean.
    and i can confirm this.

i was doing the stuff a level higher.
    Being on artist "Radiohead" i pressed "i" to retrieve the Artist Info (Bio and Discography).
    THis was broken as well and got fixed.

so i just need to fix the album issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom