Get yourself some Disk Imaging software.... (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Ive played with a lot of cloning tools over the years and the best free option Ive seen is Paragon Express.

The linux options work, but if you're not familiar with linux, its not so easy.

The thing I like about it is that its a no-brainer to use, will back up from within windows while its running, requires no boot disk to recover partitions/drives (just tell it to recover - reboot - and its all done on the spot with an 'on call' boot agent), and its very reliable.

Drive Backup Express - Free

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    @ Aquarius

"For sure the Paragon stuff is good, for USD39."

--No. The link I provided is for the free version. It costs USD- 0 It has no nag screens and is provided at no cost for non-commercial use.

I think the point I was making is that linux software like clonezilla, g4u, backula, etc, are not easy to use for people who arent familiar with Linux. The reason for the post was just to provide a simpler alternative for people who dont want to learn the nuances, and want something that will just run in windoze.

Last time I used Clonezilla 12 months or so ago, it required an understanding of linux mounting and disk naming conventions, and had to be run from a boot disk. Are you saying the interface has improved on more recent builds?

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi etheesdad,

I checked out Clonezilla last night and must admit that you're right: It's unusable for a NOOB- Linux.
    The idea of Clonezilla was good, but the implementation failed.

I'll check your recommendation tonight.

Thx
    /Gerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom