Getting German movie infos instead of english (1 Viewer)

jrn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi there,

I set up my moving pictures DB and am scanning through my drives now. It finds almost all the movies and grabs their info and covers. However for some movies I do get a German cover and/or info. I told moving pictures to use english as my language and told it to use the english IMDB.
    So how come it is still fetching German movie infos for my movies?

Does it matter that I am currently in Germany?

Thanks a bunch,

jrn

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb.com in their wisdom decided that when they can detect you are in Germany, that when a movie has a German title, to give you that instead. The only solution at the moment to use IMDb as a source and keep English info, is by using the IMDb+ scaper plugin.

You might want to consider also using the MovPic test build then at the IMDb+ download section at Google code project site, so that a few import bugs are fixed and you won't run from one problem into another. If you need any additional assistance, hop on over to the IMDb+ forum section and I will be glad to explain it all in detail for you.

jrn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks a lot RoChess! I'll be looking into your plugin. It sounds exactly like what I need. Awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom