...getting Green button to work in 1.11 pre release (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Last edited:

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't know, but it might be an idea to mention what kind of remote you have exactly, if you want someone to help ;). If it's a proper MCE remote, then MPTray + selecting it as an MCE remote should be all that's necessary, but since you say you're setting it up as a generic HID device, I guess it's not a proper MCE remote, in which case I think things get significantly more complicated. You might have to look at using IRSS or something, I can't help with the details as I use a real MCE remote.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't know, but it might be an idea to mention what kind of remote you have exactly, if you want someone to help ;). .........

Thanks Tony....probably a good idea...its an Emprex 3009 ARFIII....which is an MCE remote!
    Apparently....unless I've totally mis-understood replies to an earlier query....this RF remote won't operate fully by enabling the MCE tab....and that HID is the way to go!?

I also notice that mapping within the HID tab actually has a link to the Green Button.....can't see that in the MCE tab....

Thought I might get a result via my query about the wording in the link I provided!

"After you enable MCE in this panel, you have to manually start MCE services, and stop TV Server service. To use Mediaportal, you have to manually stop MCE services, disable them and start TV Server service."

Microsoft Media Centre Services aren't installed on my machine....but stopping/starting TV services alone doesn't do the trick....:(

Think I'm missing something fundamental here!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom