Getting it to work... (1 Viewer)

etnpnys

Portal Member
January 17, 2006
Southern California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, lemme see if I get this: if I can acquire a remote that connects to my PC, can I have a program like Girder or whatever remap commands to keys on the keyboard?

If this is so, I can essentially get any crappy remote that connects to my PC and just remap the buttons/IR codes to things that work... Is that what I am to understand?

Now, I'm sure also that there are some exceptions - like remotes that use crazy high frequencies or something - but would remotes like these work??

http://tekgems.com/Products/tg-pbr.htm

or

http://tekgems.com/Products/tg-cimr100.htm

These are crazy cheap (exactly what I'm looking for) and I think they will work if I can just remap the buttons to something, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
Replies
Views
Long time ago I mapped several keys for different applications and they did work all flawless. Now I wanted to add some more mappings and found out that the new ones don't work. I don't know why but the logs are telling me that the key is not mapped. The screenshot below is showing that the "Exit" key is mapped to the keystroke ESC...
Long time ago I mapped several keys for different applications and they did work all flawless. Now I wanted to add some more...
Long time ago I mapped several keys for different applications and they did work all flawless. Now I wanted to add some more...
Replies
Views
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom