Getting Plextor TV-402U to work... anyone? (1 Viewer)

xred

May 13, 2005
As the subject hints, has anyone gotten a Plextor TV-402U to actually work with MediaPortal?

My machine has an All in Wonder 9000 and the Plextor connected, but I have only setup the Plextor in Media Portals configuration. I have regular TV cable connected to the Tuner of the TV-402U, but when I go in to MediaPortal, I get nothing, nada, zip.

Anyone had luck getting their TV-402U to work?

TIA

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You have to set the Plextor application to MPEG-2 mode before running MP.
    MP cannot deal with MPEG-4/DivX or MPEG-1 video streams at this time.

So set a MPEG-2 recording profile that you like with the supplied Pinnacle app and then exit
    Start MP and then you should then be able to see picture, record and use timeshifting etc.

I have recently asked WIS for the SDK of their chipset so we can provide better support for these devices - I have heard nothing back yet...

DMAN

A

Anonymous

I got live TV with the plextor unit, but be sure to use the newest version
    of MediaPortal and configure it with calme...:) ( Older version of MP do not work ).

The recordfunction ( Mpeg2 ) do not work ok, and Mpeg4/DivX is impossible..... and I believe it is your reason for buying it.

xred said:
    As the subject hints, has anyone gotten a Plextor TV-402U to actually work with MediaPortal?

My machine has an All in Wonder 9000 and the Plextor connected, but I have only setup the Plextor in Media Portals configuration. I have regular TV cable connected to the Tuner of the TV-402U, but when I go in to MediaPortal, I get nothing, nada, zip.

Anyone had luck getting their TV-402U to work?

TIA

xred

May 13, 2005
    dman_lfc said:
    You have to set the Plextor application to MPEG-2 mode before running MP.
    MP cannot deal with MPEG-4/DivX or MPEG-1 video streams at this time.

The Plextor application? Which application specifically are you referring to?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Erm the TV application that comes with it... you know the one you watch and record TV with provided by Plextor with the device...the one where you can select the recording profiles...

DMAN

xred

May 13, 2005
    dman_lfc said:
    Erm the TV application that comes with it... you know the one you watch and record TV with provided by Pinnacle with the device...the one where you can select the recording profiles...

DMAN

Ah OK this is good news bad news. I found the application that lets you set the profile for the TV-402U. Its called PlextorGoCap and its freely available on the Plextor website.

The bad news is that it requires components of Intervideo WinDVR 5 to be installed, and I got rid of my intervideo disc along with the packaging for the TV-402U (who actually uses the bundled software!)

As far as I can tell WinDVR 5 is for the Plextor only, Intervideo does not sell it stand alone.... so it looks like I am outta luck.

A

Anonymous

Intervideo PVR application

oh yes, forgot it.
    You need to install the InterVideo PVR application, because the MediaPortal use some of its DirectX Filters.....e.g :

- Plextor ConvertX TV402U TV Tuner
    - Plextor ConvertX TV402U TV Audio
    - Plextor ConvertX TV402U CrossBar
    - Plextor ConvertX TV402U A/V Capture
    - InterVideo Audio Encoder
    - InterVideo Multiplexer

As you can see two Intervideo filters are used.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Plextor drivers promote the Plextor filters.
    The accompanying WinDVR 5 application provides the Intervideo ones - hence why I suggested WinDVR3 will do since he threw his CD's and packaging.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom