Getting rid of "Channel:" when changing channels (1 Viewer)

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
<Offtopic>

Smirnuff,

While you are still busy with the small mediaportal fixes :lol: please also take a look at the RSS plugin. There is a missing space in the OSD that says "Getting information from <feed name>" (or something like that, no mediaportal access right now)

I know fixed it by adding a space infront of my feednames, you can also add thespace in the language file, but thats ussually overwritten with a CVS update. Any way the space should be hardcoded (probably a typo, when programming)

Thanks!

<Ontopic>

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Smirnuff said:
There is already a space in the XML text file j1nx, string 705?!?!

Ok didn't noticed it yet, but shouldn't that space be hard coded, or are all spaces in the xml file

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
OK, so here is my update...
I updated to RC1 and downloaded and updated MP to the latest CVS (mediaportal-cvs-10-12-2005--00-35). Most everything seems to be working fine, except that the channel issue I explained in my original post is about the same. The xml file has changed to "Channel:", but the ":" has not been removed from being hard-coded in the build. So now I get something like this "Channel::" with the double colons. I complied a build myself and got it working just how I wanted, but it messed A BUNCH of other things up. RC1 seems to be running pretty good. I didn't have it installed because I was afraid about with it being in beta and not working real well. There are a few minor things that I have noticed, like the mute button on my MCE USA version (new model) remote does not work properly. It is really wierd. I don't know exactly where I can post things like this for the RC1 version or if bug reports are being taken at this time. Other than the above mentioned things I haven't found anything so far. Any help with these would be helpful as would help with where to post bugs for RC1 if one is available yet.

For the mute issue:
- I am running Windows XP SP2
- MCE USA version 2 remote
- Wireless microsoft mouse and keyboard with software installed to work volume, special keys on keyboard. When I press mute or volume up/down on keyboard or remote I get a volume level indicator in the bottom right corner of my screen, which is part of the keyboard software. Everything worked perfectly with MP 0.1.3 and the volume/mute work fine everywhere, including MP using keyboard. Just remote function is not working.

I can't think of anything else that could be affecting the mute issue.

I did think of one last thing. I mistakenly hit the "load database" button for music and now I have thumb images for some of my music folders. I just want the default image for all of my folders. I have searched all over for folder.jpg just about everywhere on my computer and cannot find it. I saw something about them being hidden ?? but not even found in hidden files. Could someone point me in the right direction with this issue?

Sorry, one last quick question...what exactly is teletext? I have seen this mentioned a lot and see that it is in the new CVSs. Could someone explain?

Thank you all for your continued help! I really enjoy MP and look forward to it becoming more stable and the future features it will have!

Jake

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    JRNeher said:
    I don't know exactly where I can post things like this for the RC1 version or if bug reports are being taken at this time.
    You can post bugs for the RC1 or the CVS releases at MediaPortal Test Group.

JRNeher said:
    ...what exactly is teletext? I have seen this mentioned a lot and see that it is in the new CVSs. Could someone explain?
    Teletext is pages of text (news, weather, etc) that can be viewed on a TV - the text is transmitted along with the regular program during the blanking period and stored locally for retrieval. I don't think it is available in the US, which is why the US MCE remote does not have the 4 coloured Teletext buttons.

MrMad

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2005
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    JRNeher said:
    Sorry, one last quick question...what exactly is teletext? I have seen this mentioned a lot and see that it is in the new CVSs. Could someone explain?

It's some information that is being transmitted along with the TV channel you are watching, about a thousand pages of text that you can choose from with news, weather, TV-guides etc.
    Sort of a small web that you can browse, but instead of clicking the links you enter a three digit number to get to the right page. Not very impressive nowdays perhaps, but considering it's a technology from the 70's, it's quite cool.
    Some pages you enter gives you subtitles for the show currently on TV, so it's very useful for the hearing impaired.
    You can try out http://www.cnn.com/cnntext/ if you want a taste of it.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    So now I get something like this "Channel::" with the double colons

I haven't got a clue why this is happening to me so much lately but once again I've failed to commit an important file in this change, really sorry. The file has been committed and the change will be available in the next CVS snapshot (14:00 CET).

Sorry,
    Smirnuff.

JRNeher

Portal Member
    August 29, 2005
    I haven't got a clue why this is happening to me so much lately but once again I've failed to commit an important file in this change, really sorry.

Not a problem. It's just a simple overlook! :)

The file has been committed and the change will be available in the next CVS snapshot (14:00 CET).

I downloaded the CVS mentioned above and it works perfectly. Thanks A LOT Smirnuff for your help. The display looks SO much better!

I'm sure I'll have other questions about something before too long. :) Thanks again for everyone's help.

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom