Getting Started (1 Viewer)

doof205

March 14, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi Guys, first post here having only today decided to try some other media centre software after a while using XBMC.

I've been drawn to MP because of aMPDroid and the good reviews in the Google Play market. Sadly though, i seem to have managed to spend all evening trying to set it up with no luck so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I installed the following:

MP 1.2.2_FINAL
dotnetFx40_Full_Setup
gma_0.3.2
WifiRemote 0.6 (later tried 0.5 with no luck)
TV4Home.Server.CoreService.Setup.msi

This is on a window 7 home premium 64 bit machine on a simple LAN with the windows firewall turned off.

Using the QR code scanner in Wifi remote all details appear to be picked up. However, I never seem to get anything other than "Remote Connection Couldn't Be Established". If I click on Music on aMPDroid it asks if i want to send a WOL packet.

All services appear to be running.

Clicking on http://192.168.0.201:4321/TV4Home.S...ractionService/json/TestConnectionToTVService
gives "false" but i presume that's because I'm not using it for TV yet and have only installed the core TV4Home package.

Clicking on this http://192.168.0.201:4321/GmaWebService/...iceDescription gives the following:
{"MovingPicturesApiVersion":1,"MusicApiVersion":1,"MyFilmsApiVersion":0,"PicturesApiVersion":1,"ServiceVersion":"1.0.0.0","StreamingApiVersion":0,"SupportsMovingPictures":false,"SupportsMusic":false,"SupportsMyFilms":false,"SupportsPictures":false,"SupportsTvSeries":false,"SupportsVideos":false,"TvSeriesApiVersion":1,"VideoApiVersion":1}

I'm totally stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lewis

doof205

March 14, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Oh, another thing to mention. The Wifi remote demo works fine from my laptop accessing my HTPC.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I know this isn't the best answer, but you should really try the 1.0 test version of aMPdroid with MpExtended, or wait a few more days until 1.0 is released on the market...

I haven't used gma/tv4home for such a long time that I can't really help you much with it, all development effort has gone into our next-gen backend MpExtended.

lordfunkey

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    I got the same issue almost in fact. and it would be nice to get this issue fixed since this was also the tiping point for me to pick MP over xbmc.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi lordfunkey,

I understand your frustration, setting up the backend for the 0.8 version of ampdroid which is available in the market was a pain in the ***, which is why we spent a lot of time and energy in a unified, easy to set-up backend MpExtended... Unfortunately this meant alot of changes and thus a long waiting time for an official update in the market.

So you have two options, install the preview version (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ampdroid-1-0-preview-release.103882/), wait for the final version to arrive in the markets (or try to overcome the difficulties of setting up gma/tv4home ;))...

lordfunkey

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Hello.. i seem to got it to work now :) i followed this video

and i made sure to use the ip address and not the hostname. and also i had to reinstal the services it needed. and now it seem to be working okay.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom