Getting Started (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
umticked tvguide'lst and got a status showing now. It got chanels but no programs. Attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• tv server status.PNG
    tv server status.PNG
    168.3 KB

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That's probably because you haven't mapped any channels yet. You need to read This Page in the wiki.

This is the tedious bit - but you only do it once. DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS THE SAVE BUTTON!

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
WJW, I hope you will stay with me on this issue. I have been held up because for the last two days SD has been unreachable online so I can't choose what I want to download. Can you get to their web site now?

Thanks

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Yes, I have just logged into my account with them, no problems at al.

And I've just forced a full download as well.

Last edited:

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
WJW, This strange. I VPN'd to the UK and then I was able to log in to SD but cannot do it from here although I could about a week ago?????

So everything seems to be in place. I can execut m2xml and it creates the xmltv.xml file which I change to tvguide.xml. Then in TV Server, I IMPORT and it shows today's date and time of the import, 58 channels (although I only specified 3 or 4 channels on SD and it shows NO PROGRAMS. When I look at tvguide.xml it seems to have all the channels listed first then programs. BUT THE PROGRAMS ARE NOT BEING IMPORTED TO MY EPG IS STILL BLANK. The xmltv.dtd file was created in 11/27/17. Is this the correct dtd file? Any ideas?

Thank you

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
Also, I do note that there are 58 stations in the group chosen on SD but I have only chosen a few of those 58. Attached are the mappings I have currently in case this helps.

Thanks again

Attachments

• mappings.PNG
    mappings.PNG
    32.2 KB

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
I attach a copy of the mappings window from my system so you can see what it should look like. I note you haven't got a Group name selected. Also, have you clicked on the down arrow in the Guide Channel column? When I click on mine I am presented with a full list of the channels in the TVGuide.xml file so that I refine the selection if necessary Or, in your case, make a choice should there be no actual matches in your Guide.

You could also try ticking the Partial Match box and then the Load/Refresh button to see if that produces a result.

The only thing I can be really sure about is that I know this all works - because it does for me every day!

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    48.2 KB

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
WJW, Would you mind sending me the DTD file that you are using? I suspect that this may be my problem as the DTD file interprets the xml file, I believe.

The wicki says that the dtd file is in the XML folder or Team MP but I have no such folder from my install.

Thanks,

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
File attached. NOTE: Because the "attach file" function in here does not allow a file with a .dtd extension to be uploaded you will see that the file I have attached has the .xml extension (it is actually an xml format file anyway) so you will need to rename it to replace .xml with .dtd

If this is your problem then you should have seen an error message much earlier on. If this file is not present when you press the import button you immediately get an error message on the Status line to that effect.

If you haven't already, then you must read THIS SECTION of the wiki - particularly the section on Channel Mappings. If this is not set properly then no programs will be imported. As stated in the Wiki:

Click Import. This should cause the XmlTv plugin to import the channels from your guide data. Programs are not imported until you map/link the guide channels to TV Server channels. Mapping is explained in the next section.

Attachments

• xmltv.xml
    21.4 KB

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
This is strange. When I click on the attached file it opens it and reports an error in the file rather than downloading it. I wonder if you would send it with a .zip or ,txt extension and let's see if that works.
Thanks again for your trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom