Getting "stuck" on channel titles when scheduling a recording (1 Viewer)

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm not quite sure how to properly describe this, so I apologise if this doesn't make sense.

A very useful feature of the MP EPG screen is that if you highlight a channel name and press Enter/OK, you will see a list of upcoming programmes for that channel only. Then, if you select a programme you go to the "Program Info" screen where you can choose "Record" or "Advanced record". However, if you then exit from that screen and return to the "Program Info" screen (you do not need to actually schedule a recording), and then highlight the time column on the left and press Enter/OK to return to the full EPG, the focus is stuck on the channel name. Cursoring to the right will scroll the programme list to the right, but the focus will not move onto the programme list itself. Exiting and re-entering the EPG fixes the problem until you repeat the process.

This used not to happen with older versions of MP, prior to 1.2.2, but I'm afraid I cannot remember which version introduced this "feature". So, is this how it is supposed to work these days? Or is this a bug of some sort?

To reproduce:

1. Bring up the EPG
2. Highlight a channel name, press enter (this will show a list of upcoming programmes for that channel)
3. Select a future programme and press enter (this will bring up the "Program Info" screen)
4. Press back
5. Highlight any time in the time column to the left and press enter (this will take you back to the full EPG)
6. Try to move the cursor to the right

I have checked this with Maya, MayaHD and Default Wide skins, and they all show the same behaviour. I have attached logs created using the watchdog and the first option to report a bug to Team MediaPortal, just in case that helps.

Cheers

Neil

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
OK, I realise that in the grand scheme of things this is a really minor issue, but has anyone else seen this, or am I alone?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Anyone else can say yes\no whether its working for them, using FTR it does work fine, some pictures to help you follow nfox's simple instructions, just in case your not sure.

09-46-36.png09-46-46.png09-47-00.png09-54-56.png09-47-17.png09-47-42.png09-47-53.png

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    Thanks for the pics PD. I thought about adding some myself, but I'm afraid my innate laziness kicked in. Also, apologies for two sets of logs. I think that's cos I accidentally hit the back button at some point.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom