Getting the remote to work - I'm lost (1 Viewer)

Marianne

March 18, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am at a loss here,
My other computer which had a built-in tv-tuner died, so I got a new one, an Acer Aspire M3400 (Win 7, 64 bit). It didn't come with a TV-tuner card, so I bought the Cinergie C PCI HD for DVB-C from Terratec. put it in my computer, downloaded the newest drivers, and then all my trouble started.
The software that came with the card couldn't load/find all of my channels, I even got the TS-SID from my provider, so I found MediaPortal, which works perfect with all my channels.:D

I do have a problem with the remote that came with the tuner card.
I don't really know what the remote is called, so I have tried the different remotes possible in MP,
I assume that I hit the "Learn" and then click on the different numbers etc. and then press the according button on the remote :confused:
Do I need further plugins? (I still have the old remote from the old computer which was a Medion) I can't get any of them to work :(
Please help me out here, of course I can use the mouse, but the remote would be so much nicer.
TIA
Marianne :)

Marianne

March 18, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yes, Spragleknas it is :)
Now, should I use the Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin that you mention?
Tia.
Marianne
@ jfoechler, the software that comes with the card didn't work for me, we have cable from YouSee. With MP I could get most of the channels, the rest I just added manually, I needed to get the TS-SID from YouSee, which was a quite a task, I had to talk to 3 different supporters before I found one, who would give me what I needed, you will just have to be persistent.

jfoechsler

March 19, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey
It works ok with the Keyboard Remote Plugin since the remote sends keystrokes. Not quite as "elegant" setup as the native supported remotes ;-)

If anyone wants them I have attached the Keyboard.xml from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings and TTTvRc.usr from C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\TerraTec\Remote which seems to contain the key mappings from Terratec Remote Control Editor.

Best regards

Attachments

• Keyboard.xml
    17.4 KB
  • TTTvRc.usr.txt
    3.3 KB

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm not familiar with the Terratec-remote. Hopefully someone who has it can help.

If you tried to plugin mentioned above, where did you hit the wall? Did it register you kystrokes/remote actions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom