[other] Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!! (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    At least website address should be on stickers and other material printed.
    ofc. such text can be added in seconds - my point was that we allready have a few gfx which can be used easiely.
    The MP icon/logo is vector based, so I can size it to any resolution required i.e. for big banners.

J

joostzilla

Just a small hint.
    Take the blue MP box front as base for other items. It would e.g. make a great brochure cover.
    Also the box it self is a great item.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a small hint.
    Take the blue MP box front as base for other items. It would e.g. make a great brochure cover.
    Also the box it self is a great item.
    He, he. I succesfuly lured him into this thread.

:D Joost!

Would there be any chance that you can assist with the creation of a flyer?
    Maybe use Avalon screenshots on them... :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here is an idea.
    Make a good eye-catching signature/footnote for e-mail messages. For MP users to add to their mail client. Make it in text, picture bar, whatever. Compatible and availeble with Outlook/http-mail/lotus notes/smartphones, etc. Make it linked to a good promo video or something and voila.... :) mails being forwarded countless times and free PR.

I dont know how to do this, but it sounds neat. Just a thought. :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Couldn't the top banner on this website work as a "real-life" banner aswell?

MrEMan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Something that would help is cross platform support (yeah I know) but has anyone noticed how quick android and iOS has taken off? any of the current tablets would make a great client.

Competing product with a full stand at a linux show Reporting from LinuxTag | XBMC

While there are ideas floating around what about Google Summer of Code Google Summer of Code - Google Code if there were students with fresh ideas for plugins and it was listed at google think of the possibilities. Better still a MP competition that goes viral.

Trade shows might be great for creating work for yourself but will not really get the MP word out there.

Regards

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Trade shows might be great for creating work for yourself but will not really get the MP word out there.

Regards

I completely disagree, but I understand that is how you see it. I am not creating work for myself.... Nobody is paying me. I am doing all this out of my own pocket.

As for trade shows, this is exactly the kind of PR MediaPortal needs (plus other kinds as well). But due to the nature of Open Source Software, to have a network of users spread the word is the best way. Let's face it, Open Source does not equal lots of $$$ so PR needs to be done by those who A) Believe in the product, B) Can dedicate a few hours a week and the occasional trade show every now and then, C) Desire to do so.

I am sure there are a few people out there that can help out!

But again... thank you for your observation about how trade shows wont help us. I like a POSITIVE thinker!!!!

Couldn't the top banner on this website work as a "real-life" banner aswell?

Yup, all of the sites base graphics will work well. I can make them work as I have some Photoshop skills, but someone better could do a better job than I, and I would like to have the best we can get to help out in the ways they can help the most.

Make a good eye-catching signature/footnote for e-mail messages.

Too risky getting reported as spam :(

I actually use a simple banner for my sigs in almost every forum (save my game forums) You can see an example in this thread I started on the QSS forums. I tried to start a debate in which I could show people how MediaPortal is better than what they are using.

How Do You Manage And View Your Media? - QuickSilverScreen Forum

Anything branded up with the MP logo, sadly needs to be made clear who\what we are about, we are not coca-cola or pepsi, so logo on own means pretty much nothing.

At least website address should be on stickers and other material printed.

I agree... everything should have the logo with "Everything else is just a media center" or something else that gets the message across as well as intrigues people to find out more.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I actually use a simple banner for my sigs in almost every forum

Forums can be pretty forgiving places and we do check out new users signatures ;), problem may only arrive if say a email is sent to a business\person who takes offence at signature, they tend to think anything advertising wise is unsolicited spam, once reported it can be hard work trying to get name removed from spam list, especially if there are a few complaints.

Sadly their are a lot of people who cannot distinguish between the good advertising, against evil unsolicited for profit spam :(

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Okay, since there were no volunteers so far to create a flyer and sticker, I gave it a shot. ;)

Work in progress!

Sticker:
    Foto 21.06.11 14 19 26.jpeg Sticker.jpg

3-fold flyer:
    Text on the inside is only a placeholder!
    Foto 21.06.11 11 04 30.jpeg Foto 21.06.11 11 04 37.jpeg Foto 21.06.11 11 04 58.jpeg Foto 21.06.11 11 05 04.jpeg

Brochure_inside_V001.jpg Brochure_outside_V001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom