[other] Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!! (3 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    More work on the stickers.
    Sticker.jpg Sticker_Black.jpg
    what i could imagine though is to have some kind of small infocard at each htpc to show its specs - maybe using the same design as the brochour. maybe i have time to try this tomorrow - time to get some sleep now :)
    Is there any reason we cannot add a webpage for each trade show on our website? Similar to the way we add reviews of MP?

(EDIT: seems to me they should be promoted/listed on our website with dates in any case)

That way one screen at the show can be open to MP Website - to the page for that Trade Show - plus anyone can look up more details about MP - such as system requirements! It has the added advantage that booth visitors become familiar with our website so they are more likely to return later if interested.

Ofc best of all is no printing costs for info card. ;)
    My idea was a specs card like this - one for each HTPC at the show - visitors will surely like such availabel.
    SpecsSheet.jpg Foto 22.06.11 09 08 06.jpg

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    inifinite.loop: Great looking folder. I really dig the design. How about showing Music as well (e.g. Now Playing with Lyrics)?

Button: I would make a "flat" button. The 3d effect is not too good and it would fit better to the other media. Everything else is just a media center should be on the lower half & the URL on top (the slogan is beneath the logo everywhere else, so it should be the same here).

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I think a spreadshirt or cafepress store with MP branded products would be cool.... That way I could talk all the guys at work into setting up an MP box after they comment on my funky looking MP coffee mug!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Button: I would make a "flat" button. The 3d effect is not too good and it would fit better to the other media.
    Yeah, I tried that, and it looked very boring. :confused:
    All the effects were added because of that - but this could be just me. :)

Everything else is just a media center should be on the lower half & the URL on top (the slogan is beneath the logo everywhere else, so it should be the same here).
    Nice idea, will try that.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like both of the two new stickers =) But I am having a hard time understanding why you want to include cads with system specs on it? When passing out flyers, what is the positive side to having details about a computer somewhere that is running MP. Base system requirements sure... but "My specs" or "Current system specs". I think it is good idea to display what hardware the HTPC is running, but that is something that can be printed on a home printer on card stock and then propped up on the HTPC. I dont think it needs to be given away with the brochure. As for the show I will be doing, all PCs will be running 7 or Server 08 R2 (as these PCs are also my in home HTPCs). The hardware on these computer though range from a Pentium D 2.8 w/2GB DDR to a AMD Dual Core 1.8 w/3GB DDR2 to Intel i7 w/8GB DDR3. Plus the tablets and atom cpu of the netbook.

Maybe I am missing something about the info cards to passed out with brochures. Or were these cards never meant to be given out?

As for website stuff, I will be recording video, offering a live feed and taking photos. All of these can be displayed on the website if u wish.

I would really like to show off sports too, as 70% of Americans favor one sport or another. But the fact that TVS highjacks my database, so that If I want to show off sports then MP is gunna look ugly. So I am torn between no sports and not getting everyone's attn, or showing off sports but have it look like crap when I do. What do u guys think? Sports or no sports at the trade show?

Here is more detail on the issue: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/help-my-importer-has-gone-crazy-96796/

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe I am missing something about the info cards to passed out with brochures. Or were these cards never meant to be given out?
    I was not suggesting to give the info cards away - my idea was to provide you with a infocard design that matches the design of the brochour. :)

I would really like to show off sports too, as 70% of Americans favor one sport or another. But the fact that TVS highjacks my database,
    Can not help you with this - only TvSeries developers can.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @I.Loop: OHH! Ya, okay that is a good idea =) I was mistaken... thot you wanted to pass them out WITH brochures =) Ya the cards should share the same theme as flyers and brochures.

Ya, I know u cant fix it... I dont think Damien can even fix it as it is a by product of sqlite, from what I have been told. But I still am curious as to if I should bring sports games or not. The problem is show off sports games in state that does not flatter MP and get all the sports fans attn, or leave sports alone and maybe miss out on some ppl.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I dont think Damien can even fix it as it is a by product of sqlite
    *argh*

But I still am curious as to if I should bring sports games or not. The problem is show off sports games in state that does not flatter MP and get all the sports fans attn, or leave sports alone and maybe miss out on some ppl.
    Well, it seems that the issue is only caused when you add (more?) data manually to the database, right?
    Is there no other (manybe not so shiny) way to present sports?

How about onlinevideos? Internet available at that show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom