[other] Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!! (2 Viewers)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    "Everything else is just a media center..." So what is it that makes MediaPortal more than a media center? I think it is the home automation plugins. What tends to impress my home theater visitors is:

1. I'm using eventTrigger or Tellstick Pause with hardware from Telldus and Nexa. When playing a movie in MediaPortal, all lights in the room will automatically turn off. I've also connected my Android phone to the HTPC using EventGhost for Android. If I'm watching a movie or live TV and there's an incoming call, the video will automatically pause, lights turn on and the caller ID is shown by On Screen Display. When I hang up, the lights go off and the video starts playing again without me having to touch any other keys. I'd like to see any other media center do that :cool:
    Here's a detailed guide of the setup.

2. comskip I'm very happy when watching a recording and barely able to spot the commercial breaks.

3. The possibility to have a server with one or more TV cards and several clients.

I understand that it might not be practical or even possible to show such features on a trade show but at least there's an answer to tricky questions about unique features :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi vuego

I'm using eventTrigger or Tellstick Pause with hardware from Telldus and Nexa. When playing a movie in MediaPortal, all lights in the room will automatically turn off. I've also connected my Android phone to the HTPC using EventGhost for Android. If I'm watching a movie or live TV and there's an incoming call, the video will automatically pause, lights turn on and the caller ID is shown by On Screen Display. When I hang up, the lights go off and the video starts playing again without me having to touch any other keys. I'd like to see any other media center do that :cool:
    That's awesome! :D

mm

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    vuego - That is a pretty awesome set-up. Home automation is some thing that I started playing about 4 months ago, and I have barely scraped the surface as your set up proves. As it stands for BigDesign, no I cant DO any of that, however (as you stated) the info is VERY handy for the show. Also, it is something that I want to have ready for ASI in Feb, for as far as expos go, it is one of the elite. I want to demo automation as well as movement control via Kinect ot some other motion sensor.

stevewabc

Portal Member
    November 21, 2010
    Home Country
    "Everything else is just a media center..." So what is it that makes MediaPortal more than a media center? I think it is the home automation plugins. What tends to impress my home theater visitors is:

1. I'm using eventTrigger or Tellstick Pause with hardware from Telldus and Nexa. When playing a movie in MediaPortal, all lights in the room will automatically turn off. I've also connected my Android phone to the HTPC using EventGhost for Android. If I'm watching a movie or live TV and there's an incoming call, the video will automatically pause, lights turn on and the caller ID is shown by On Screen Display. When I hang up, the lights go off and the video starts playing again without me having to touch any other keys. I'd like to see any other media center do that :cool:

2. comskip I'm very happy when watching a recording and barely able to spot the commercial breaks.

3. The possibility to have a server with one or more TV cards and several clients.

I understand that it might not be practical or even possible to show such features on a trade show but at least there's an answer to tricky questions about unique features :)

OK OK I thought I had it going WOW ..... MediaPortal is getting to the point of being better then SEX! I cant stop playing with it.... WOW Something New I have to do.....
    :eek:

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Great stuff. Do you mind if I quote you on the MP facebook page?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    OK OK I thought I had it going WOW ..... MediaPortal is getting to the point of being better then SEX! I cant stop playing with it.... WOW Something New I have to do.....:eek:

It would be better than sex only in a case where MP would block the Android phone from rigging during the movie :) (iPhone could be blocked all the time :p).

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great stuff. Do you mind if I quote you on the MP facebook page?
    Sure, I don't mind. I was thinking about doing a detailed guide about how to set it up and what's needed but I'm not sure all hardware is available outside Sweden. I also have plans to control a ceiling fan and curtains (something like this :)) from MediaPortal.

vuego: Got a movie of that happening? Could perhaps be sent on a screen :D
    Sorry, no. I don't have a video camera. Do you mean a screen at the trade show? That would be the second best. Perhaps someone could help make a video if I explain how to set it up. Although I think we're a little short of time until The Big Design Conference...

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    ^ Yup.

I might have missed a post, but perhaps this is worth showing off:
    YouTube - ‪aMPdroid promo video‬‏

And ofc 1.2 teaser: YouTube - ‪MediaPortal 1.2.0 Teaser‬‏

Ya it has been mentioned a time or two in quick, passing. But yes, one of the 32" TVs at the show will be playing a loop of the 10 videos i have made, the main MP promo video and ampdroid video. There is one more i found too... forgot what it was...hmmmmm

oh ya, the 1.2 teaser u mentioned... =) that was the other one

vuego: Got a movie of that happening? Could perhaps be sent on a screen :D

vuedo -Sorry, no. I don't have a video camera. Do you mean a screen at the trade show? That would be the second best. Perhaps someone could help make a video if I explain how to set it up. Although I think we're a little short of time until The Big Design Conference...

A video would be nice to show off =)

Okay, so I am on the last video, and I had to ditch Frames skin... it looks good but is nowhere near "complete" as it is way, WAY to buggy on my system at least. Any suggestions? remember aMPed, Avalon, Backdrop, Black Glass HD, CLR, DefaulWide, Maya, Mustacyluca & StreamedMP have all been used... need one more.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom