[other] Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Fidelity skin - definitely a different and classy look.

Also would be nice to have some kind of display of our RSS Feeds showing latest MP News - since latest item is "MediaPortal Showcased at BigDesign 2011"
    and New/Updated Extensions - which is currently displaying: Wifi Remote, Pandora MusicBox, MyPlexMedia, Trakt, Burner, StreamedMP, MyMenu, Backup Settings, Logo France TNT + Cable, MP-TV Series - so a nice range. Maybe on one of those big tacky digital displays? LOL, no seriously that can be set up in MP using Infoservice plugin in 2 minutes.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fidelity skin - definitely a different and classy look.

Also would be nice to have some kind of display of our RSS Feeds showing latest MP News - since latest item is "MediaPortal Showcased at BigDesign 2011"
    and New/Updated Extensions - which is currently displaying: Wifi Remote, Pandora MusicBox, MyPlexMedia, Trakt, Burner, StreamedMP, MyMenu, Backup Settings, Logo France TNT + Cable, MP-TV Series - so a nice range. Maybe on one of those big tacky digital displays? LOL, no seriously that can be set up in MP using Infoservice plugin in 2 minutes.

:mad: Ce qui ?

Actually I made the last video already... using PureVisionHD.... should be posted soon

Ahh I gotcha now, Dadeo... ya we need to set that up b4 the ASI for sure.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Actually I think you already have it set up (well not a big display - maybe projector one day :p) as I saw it on some of the videos - so on the screens displaying MP for visitors to 'try' - Basic Home will display those RSS feeds in most skins. It's a nice way for visitors to see at a glance what is happening in MP World.

EDIT: PureVisionHD was a really good choice - that video of Emulators/Games is tres cool

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Great stuff. Do you mind if I quote you on the MP facebook page?
    Sure, I don't mind. I was thinking about doing a detailed guide about how to set it up and what's needed but I'm not sure all hardware is available outside Sweden. I also have plans to control a ceiling fan and curtains (something like this :)) from MediaPortal.

OK, facebook updated. If you decide to do the guide (and please do :) ), then you can maybe just edit your post and add a link to the new guide. Then facebook visitors who open your post can get the link to the guide.

:D

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ^ Yup.

I might have missed a post, but perhaps this is worth showing off:
    YouTube - ‪aMPdroid promo video‬‏

And ofc 1.2 teaser: YouTube - ‪MediaPortal 1.2.0 Teaser‬‏

Awesome, looks to me like its worth buying a cheap 7" android tablet just to use as a remote to MP.

I like the idea of using the screen as the interface as well as a simple remote. So, I could say search my movies, read a synopsis, hit a play button and it starts playing on my MP client on my projector.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    "Everything else is just a media center..." So what is it that makes MediaPortal more than a media center? I think it is the home automation plugins. What tends to impress my home theater visitors is:

1. I'm using eventTrigger or Tellstick Pause with hardware from Telldus and Nexa. When playing a movie in MediaPortal, all lights in the room will automatically turn off. I've also connected my Android phone to the HTPC using EventGhost for Android. If I'm watching a movie or live TV and there's an incoming call, the video will automatically pause, lights turn on and the caller ID is shown by On Screen Display. When I hang up, the lights go off and the video starts playing again without me having to touch any other keys. I'd like to see any other media center do that :cool:
    Very nice :). Though I do hope the lights go on and the video pauses only when you actually accept a call :D.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Just got the MediaPortal banner in the mails.... Looks damn good!!!

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A few things I'd like to point out about the brochure:

1. Fix any hyphenated words from the brochure so they are not hyphenated.
    2. Maybe have a screenshot of the defaultwide skin in the brochure - anyone downloading and installing for the first time might be slightly confused as to why it doesn't look anything like the brochure!
    3. Where the screenshots at the bottom depict skins/plugins not included in the default installation perhaps it would be wise to have a subtext that defines what skin/plugin is being depicted.

Other than those all looks really good guys. :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am a couple hours away from wrapping up the first day at the show. So far so good. VERY busy for a small show like this. The show is all about design. Web, Print, UI.. any kind of design related work. So I have gotten a TON of comments on MP's UI and overall look and feel. I had a few snafus today, because I was in too much a hurry and forgot some things. Tomorrow is supposed to be twice as busy (kill me now) so I will make sure I dont forget anything. The setup is NOWHERE near what I had laid out as there are no booths per se, but MediaPortal got the best space in the house (times 2) so it is still really nice!!! Will have a full report tomorrow or Sunday!!!

Oh, and I might have the live stream tomorrow when I can remember to bring my own internet and not have to use the wifi 2,000 other ppl are on. I took some photos today and one video. Taking a ton tomorrow!!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    You effort and feedback IS REALLY REALLY much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom