Getting Twinhan DVB-T working in Mediaportal? help required :-( (1 Viewer)

jonnyrobb

March 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: V0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Vista 32 bit latest service packs
CPU Type: Intel Quad Core
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Twinhan USB (407J)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: V7.3.20.1 (2007 03 20)
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi guys, I've tried long and hard searching the forum and online but to no avail. I'm trying to get my newly purchased Twinhan USB stick DVD-T card (model 407J) to be recognised in mediaportal.

The software that comes with it runs fine and windows media centre detects it fine as well. I see there is a twinhan specific driver within the downloads section but these files date back to 2005/2006 and don't seem to mention Vista. Plus if I try to install the relevant THBDA.inf file (by right click install) I get the following error "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation".

Has anyone managed to get a twinhan card to be recognised by mediaportal within vista? Or got some useful tips for me?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, cheers.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i too have this card and have not so far had any success, main problem is that instructions to add card by using graphedit fall over as there is no "alias" listed where instructions say there should be??
as you said mce picks it up so does gbpvr?? why not media portal?
BTW was your mce very flaky with this card, mine kept resetting whole machine and did so with a hauppage 500 i havem but is solid as a rock with mp and hauppage card on same system and os so is both cards with gbpvr
bloody computers lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom