Getting Windows Task Scheduler to work for EPG (1 Viewer)

Sakols

Portal Member
November 21, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

for my EPG data, Im using zap2xml. It works fine when I click on the .bat file (located in xmltv under ProgramData). The problem is the Windows 10 task scheduler does not seem to activate the .bat file. I have programmed a simple task and when I trigger it to run manually, it still doesn't invoke the .bat file to scrape EPG data. Im wondering if there is a permissions problem. It would be great to know how other have gotten the scheduler to work.

Thanks

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Most people here use the PowerScheduler plugin in TV-Server Configuration to run the .bat file.

Maybe you can try putting zap2xml in another location? Maybe C:\zap2xml and see if that helps?

I'm currently using a 3rd party program to run the .bat file for me. It's called KM Wakeup. It works like Task Scheduler. I'm hosting the file on my onedrive to the program if you're interested (website seems to no longer host the program). kmwakeup_setup.exe

I have it set to wakeup the pc every morning at 6:57 am and run the .bat file.

Attachments

• kmwakeup.PNG
    kmwakeup.PNG
    33.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is a Windows 10 issue. You can either set the schedule logged in as "Adminstrator" or you need to place the .bat onto a different drive! like D: Average users can no longer schedule a task running on Drive C:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom