GmaWebservice MySQL config (1 Viewer)

alasdair

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hi Alll,

Just installed and setup ampdroid, bonjour, windoesinstaller, .net 4.0 GmaWebservice onto my MP1.2 (XP SP2) box and installed the app onto my Samsung GS2.

Remote control part works perfectly.

Other sections for browsing videos/music/etc are all empty (after finding the config xml and noticing the username and password). I am sure this is not just down to me running MP1.2 but more to do with me running MySQL databases and not SQLite.

As the config file has lines for the SQLite databases like:

<database name="videos" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\VideoDatabaseV5.db3" />

If anyone has got this working using MySQL please let me know the changes I need to make.

Many Thanks,
Alasdair.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think you are using MySQL databases. Most, if not all, plugins don't even support MySQL databases. The TV Server uses a MySQL database, but that database isn't used by the client side plugins from MediaPortal such as MyVideos or MovingPictures.

Please follow the usual troubleshooting guide if you need help.

alasdair

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks for correcting my my understanding Oxan, however I have another question now.

I have managed to set it up and now i have access to the movies, can stream etc, and access to Music.

The thing questuin is, what populates the Music DB? I have entire artists in MP which are accessible on the box however on aMPdroid these artists are missing. Let me clarify, say I have 10 artists each with 2 songs each, only 8 of these artists are available. The only reason i can think of is the music is accessible on the filesystem so MP is fine, but it's not updated the Music DB.

Many Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom