Google Calendars Plugin (3 Viewers)

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    the file is there but is empty. i get the list of calendars for my gmail account, just when i click save nothing happening, no message or anything[DOUBLEPOST=1375753467][/DOUBLEPOST]update:
    copied the details of the file you attached into the xml file, changed username and password and file now successfully saves and calendars are working fine

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the file is there but is empty.
    Weird ... you obviously have write permissions to the directory, but it is not writing the file. An error message should have displayed if an error occured during the save process.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like you to turn on internal plugin diagnostics. You can do this by adding the following in the "Configuration.exe.config" file, then starting the MP configuration utility. It will create a file in the specified location that contains detailed plugin trace information. Note that you will need to adjust the "filename=" value to the appropriate path - the example below creates the trace file in the MP log directory on a Windows XP machine.

To enable the plugin trace, add the following settings to the "Configuration.exe.config" file under the <APPSETTINGS> section:

<!-- C3.Diagnostics Trace Settings. -->
    <add key="C3Trace.Enabled" value="True" />
    <add key="C3Trace.AppName" value="MediaPortal" />
    <add key="C3Trace.Level" value="Debug" />
    <add key="C3Trace.DefaultLevel" value="Debug" />
    <add key="C3Trace.Connections" value="file(filename=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\log\C3MPTrace.sil, rotate=daily, maxparts=14, append=true)" />
    After saving, just start the Configuration utility and configure the Google Calendars plugin, making sure you click "Save" to save your credentials; then exit out of the configuration utility and PM me the "C3MPTrace.sil" file.

Thanks for your patience - I'm confident we can figure out the problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1375754103][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm still not for sure what happened there. You might also check the "Configuration.log" file, as well as older versions (ie "Configuration.1.log", etc) to see if it placed any error messages in there.

Did the Configuration utility abend after you clicked "Save"? Did it display ANY dialogs at all after you clicked "Save"?

Thanks

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    DOH! After reviewing the code, it looks like I forgot to put a message box display of any errors generated during the save process - all I had in there was a trace write! I will correct this for future releases, which should make debugging easier next time.

Thanks, and my apologies for the confusion.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Updated the plugin installer to v1.0.10.0, which contains display of any error messages generated while saving plugin settings.

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your nice Plugin.
    The Plugin Work , but i have a Little Problem

I get this Error Message after fresh MP 1.3 Install.

No error Message: I start the Mediaportal Konfiguration after MP 1.3 Up Date an than install Google Calender.Have you a Tip.

New: I have a solution. I Install the Plugin before update to MP 1.3. Thats work.

Attachments

• Fehlermeldung.png
      Fehlermeldung.png
      27.9 KB
    Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    I'm not for sure on this one. It sounds like you tried to install the plugin from a network location. You might try uninstalling the plugin via Add / Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Win7) and reinstalling, ensuring that the MSI install file is located on the local computer drive (ie C:).

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, this one denies to install on my MP1.5, telling me there was no skin and plugin directory path, and I am told to open the configuration since it creates a config file where the paths are stored?
    I am using the config tool regularly, so I surely have opened it at least once better: 500 times..)..
    Any advice?

Noone?

Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Can you please verify the Google Calendars MSI installer verion? It should be 1.0.11.0, date modified 09/21/2013 10:24am.

You might try redownloading the MSI installer and reinstalling. I know that the MP authors changed the format of the MP config log file. The installer tries to parse the MP config file to determine where the various MP settings are located: skins, plugins, etc. It sounds like it is failing to correctly parse the MP config file.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,

thanks for your reply. I have triple checked it and redownloaded it. See attached image :)
    It checks for MP 1.2.0 config log?

Greetings!

Attachments

• GCalendar2.jpg
      GCalendar2.jpg
      517 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom