Ongoing Got a new dvi to hdmi cable now problem with screen..NEED HELP! (3 Viewers)

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there more that one hdmi connection of the TV, if so try a different input.

What does the TV manual say about pc connectivity.

If you are referring to post #8 then yes I do have an 3rd port in the front that works fine.

As far as pc connectivity in the manual ill have to check when i get home.I also could not find any "dot to dot" on my tv nor have i been able to fix the overscan issue.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

If you are referring to post #8 then yes I do have an 3rd port in the front that works fine.

As far as pc connectivity in the manual ill have to check when i get home.I also could not find any "dot to dot" on my tv nor have i been able to fix the overscan issue.

So, where are you at now? Your current status, so to speak? Do you now have a working 1280x720 resolution from your HTPC to your plasma? You can always adjust your screen inside MediaPortal in case you didn't know?

Settings ->
    Screen settings ->
    UI CALIBRATION (adjust overscan for the interface)
    SCREEN CALIBRATION (fine tune your video)

In the UI Calibration, use your arrow keys to move the picture around, press ENTER key or "ok" on your remote to switch between position and size adjustment.

In the Screen Calibration, use your arrow keys and follow the instructions, cycle between the different options with your ENTER key or "ok" on your remote.

I have a Panasonic TV as well, but only 1 HDMI port that (thankfully) has never caused any trouble for me. Running MP from my Nvidia card has always worked smoothly.

Emph

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country

So, where are you at now? Your current status, so to speak? Do you now have a working 1280x720 resolution from your HTPC to your plasma? You can always adjust your screen inside MediaPortal in case you didn't know?

Settings ->
    Screen settings ->
    UI CALIBRATION (adjust overscan for the interface)
    SCREEN CALIBRATION (fine tune your video)

In the UI Calibration, use your arrow keys to move the picture around, press ENTER key or "ok" on your remote to switch between position and size adjustment.

In the Screen Calibration, use your arrow keys and follow the instructions, cycle between the different options with your ENTER key or "ok" on your remote.

I have a Panasonic TV as well, but only 1 HDMI port that (thankfully) has never caused any trouble for me. Running MP from my Nvidia card has always worked smoothly.

Emph

So currently I have my pc displaying 1280 x 720 with that stupid cord plugged in the front:mad: . Anyways the overscan is the only problem. I will go home today and reinstall mp. I was unaware of the ui calibration so i appreciate that tip. Will keep you updated and do appreciate all the help!!
    :D

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Make sure you have the latest Nvidia ForceWare (or whatever driver your card uses, but this is probably it), right click on your deskop and select "Nvidia control panel" from your context menu then under "Video & Television" -> "Resize HDTV desktop" make sure to tick the "Resize". This should take care of your overscan. You can even drag those little slides to adjust your resolution.

kBAYYiWUb.jpg

Myself, I use MediaPortals screen calibration from within the GUI. Can anyone let me know which way gives the better picture quality? The graphic card tweak, or using MediaPortal's screen calibration?

Emph

Emph, I went to the nvidia control panel and did not have nearly as many options as you show on your screen. I switched the mode to advanced and still nothing. Any chance you can give me a direct link to that software. Maybe I need to update it. I tried updating earlier and thats when my drivers messed up so maybe i was using the wrong exe

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You will not see any of those setting unless you select HDTV as the output in Nvidia Control panel, once you have done that the other choices become available.

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    You will not see any of those setting unless you select HDTV as the output in Nvidia Control panel, once you have done that the other choices become available.

Well i switched back to the classic panel and all the options were there. It was set as hdtv so then i just clicked set underscan button and were good to go. Thanks again for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom