Got the "TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI" to work in 1.3 :) (1 Viewer)

AngryDragon

Portal Member
March 4, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hello all,

i finally managed to get the Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI to work in 1.3 (and maybe in native 1.2.x also?)

first of all:
what i do here is changing drivers for NON TechniSat drivers!!!!
this is unsupported i think. this can void warranty!
everything you do is on your own risk!
im just a user, no more, no less.

what does work (Cable):
- MePo version 1.3.x
- searching channels
- tuning to channels
- switching between HD / SD channels
- use CAM (watch encrypted channels)

Unknown:
- Terrestial, it should work, but i didnt test it.
- HID. i didnt bother to install the remote drivers as im only using the remote with MePo, not this box.
- durable? don't know. this is the first day i got it to work.
- older versions of Mediaportal, eg 1.2.x
- multiple of these boxes

How to do it.
well, as we all know; after installing the CableStar Combo HD with the Technisat drivers it doesnt find any channels, also a search says "nothing found".

1. Download AzureWave drivers from:
http://dvbsupport.net/download/files/AzureWave_30.08.2010.rar
2. unrar/unzip this file somewhere near your MePo PC/server (or USB stick or so).
3. MANUALLY install the drivers in Windows from the 7070/WinXP folder (from the download)
4. reboot the MePo PC/server

after reboot check the driver version for your USB box.
it should say: 1.0.8.100

check MePo server configuration that the USB box is enabled (probably is now named "DVBC") or something like that.
check that CAM is enabled if used.

and there we go!
Start scanning for channels! and more important: watch them!

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Technisat Cablestar HD2 working here but I will definetely try other drivers since I have several problems with it.
    Always want to try them since Azurware/Technisat/Technotrend have same hardware. Thanks

AngryDragon

Portal Member
    March 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Technisat Cablestar HD2 working here but I will definetely try other drivers since I have several problems with it.
    Always want to try them since Azurware/Technisat/Technotrend have same hardware. Thanks

kk mate, but please don't forget i am talking about the "Combo HD". not sure if it works for your "HD2".
    although one of the other folders in the zip/rar (not the 7070) could be your driver :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yeah, description is:
    Code:
    it is includes Software (Digital TV) & BDA driver for all cards of Twinhan..

You can find the new driver of the following cards in the package (DTV 3.4 Build 19d)
    -Mantis Driver for : AD-SP300(1034), AD-SP400(1041) (Technisat SkyStar HD2), AD-TP200(3028), AD-TP300(3030), AD-CP300(2033), [B]AD-CP400(2040)[/B]
    -USB 2.0 DVB-S Wireless TV Box 6027
    -StarBox DVB-S (BDA,USB 2.0) VP-7022
    -DVB-S CI USB Box VP-7050
    -DVB-T USB Box VP-7070
    AzureWave AD-CP400 is Technisat CableStar HD2 :)

CyberDannen

Portal Member
    May 31, 2006
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big thx, with the new Driver I have Signal. But only 10 channels. All not from my Provider UnityMedia. :(

Cablestar Combo HD CI

Bose321

August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Anyone still has this working? I've got one of the USB versions together with an Alphacrypt. Here is some of my error log:
    Code:
    [2014-08-21 22:44:31,895] [Log ] [54 ] [ERROR] - dvb:Unable to connect InfTee returns:0x80040217
    [2014-08-21 22:44:31,910] [Log ] [54 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Could not connect InfTee Filter to last Filter
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.ConnectMpeg2DemuxToInfTee(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.CompleteGraph(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BuildGraph()

[2014-08-21 22:44:32,098] [Log ] [54 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Graph building failed ---> TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Could not connect InfTee Filter to last Filter
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.ConnectMpeg2DemuxToInfTee(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.CompleteGraph(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BeforeTune(IChannel channel, Int32& subChannelId)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.Scan(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

[2014-08-21 22:44:32,113] [Log ] [54 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Graph building failed ---> TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Could not connect InfTee Filter to last Filter
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BeforeTune(IChannel channel, Int32& subChannelId)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.Scan(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.DvbBaseScanning.ScanNIT(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
    at TvService.ChannelScanning.ScanNIT(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

This part is with the default drivers and MP 1.8. I've tried some other drivers from Azureware, but they give me a BSOD. Tried MP 1.2.2 with a modded DLL, and even MP 1.3. Nothing seems to works. Even tried Argus TV.

I'm about to RMA this thing through the window, so if anyone has an idea, that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom