GPU Flash hardware acceleration arrives (1 Viewer)

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For all those utilizing online videos and hulu, adobe has released the preview version (beta) Flash with GPU offload. Anyone running it yet? And what improvements are you seeing, if any?

Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player 10.1

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    upgraded my video driver (Nividia) to 195.62 today and downloaded the adobe flash 10.1 beta (preview release)

So far it looks like Nvidia fixed the HDMI problem with the 8300, system will boot and sleep with TV turned on or off and picture will come back upon resume. Also HULU desktop looks more fluid and smooth. It is hard to quantify the cpu performance as I have cool & quiet enabled and did not disable it and benchmark before and after processor utilization.

EDIT Spoke too fast, had to revert back to 182.06 to fix a "black screen" problem again....:(

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I would guess that this acceleration only applies if an adope player is used.

Can you clarify what you are saying? Yes this offloads flash to the GPU to accelerate adobe flash content. If you right click on what Hulu desktop is playing it reports flash version 10.1…

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It will only work if an SWF file is playing the content, not like OnlineVideos - a directshow graph playing a video stream. (That's what I'm guessing)

Hulu Desktop is an SWF so it should use the acceleration as it is using the integrated Adobe components.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    It will only work if an SWF file is playing the content, not like OnlineVideos - a directshow graph playing a video stream. (That's what I'm guessing)

Hulu Desktop is an SWF so it should use the acceleration as it is using the integrated Adobe components.

gotchya... thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom