Graphics card selection HD3450 v HD3650 (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK then Aero is enabled yes i've this problem with any codec - tried, PowerDVD 7.3, 8.0, Nvidia Codec and ATI's one (which are old PowerDVD). But i do not have this Problem under Windows XP.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK then Aero is enabled yes i've this problem with any codec - tried, PowerDVD 7.3, 8.0, Nvidia Codec and ATI's one (which are old PowerDVD). But i do not have this Problem under Windows XP.

Do you have ffdshow installed? If yes be sure is deactivated for raw content otherwise you will be using it even if you don't want to.

Try to update drivers if they're not the latest 8.7

Do you have this problem for every kind of video (tv, divx, ecc.)?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using 8.7 and I've also tried using 8.8beta with no result. FFDShow is NOT installed and so not used.

I'm only watching TV or .ts streams and it happens to both.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No i've not tried the MS Codec - yes i'm using EVR and i'll read the codec guide but i don't think that another codec will help.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK - the problem is - i do not have Aero... i think. I've only the Vista basic theme which i can select but machinecheck Index is 4.8 that should enough?

OK and this relies on my radmin adminstartion - any alternative?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK - the problem is - i do not have Aero... i think. I've only the Vista basic theme which i can select but machinecheck Index is 4.8 that should enough?

OK and this relies on my radmin adminstartion - any alternative?

As far as I know no. You have to activate aero to have the best picture under EVR. Otherwise you will have tearing.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your help!

OK - but i've to administrate the TV-Server via Remote at the moment i'm using radmin - and everytime i login, aero gets disabled. What else Remote Managementsoftware could be used?

The Fan of the HD 3650 MSI is running all the time full speed - I've also tried Riva Tuner with no result - but the fan it is really loud.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Yes the fan is load when running at full spedd. If you read my original post in this thread you will see that I used a fan speed controller to power the fan from the mother board and I slow the fan down with that (when running slowly it is virtually silent). If you have good airflow in your case you may be able to run with the fan unplugged. I could do that but I decided to run the fan at reduced speed just in case. Give it a try and monitor the gpu temperature while playing back a TV clip....

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom