GraphStudio in MP (graphedit) (1 Viewer)

AlienAgenda

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i am having an issue several others seem to be having and thats 720p playback studders/judders not exactly sure what word is correct. when i launch a 720p avi i will get what appears as horizontal lines darting across the screen. oddly enough 1080i mkv's etc dont do this...
so i am attempting to run the newer graphstudio product by the same dev of graphedit - supposed to function the same - in Media Portal too see exactly what codec is being used when...
however, i cant seem to figure out how to use graphedit to show me what MP is doing. if i want to know what vista is doing it pretty simple. but i would like to know what MP is using during its playback.
and further on another non-HTPC what MPC uses vs. WMP vs. Nero etc...

any help or direction to a tutorial would be great...

thanks.

lujo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
I have the same problem (graphstudio). So any help is welcome.

What you can do is output from your videocart to TV interlaced. Then you won't see horizontal lines darting across the screen.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    In GraphStudio -> File -> connect to remote graph & select the one when MP playing & open. Thats how it works....

Regards
    Roy

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To use GraphStudio (or GraphEdit) in Vista you need an extra DLL - 'proppage.dll' - installed/registered (otherwise it can't connect to the 'remote graph').

i.e. copy proppage.dll to (c:\Windows\system or system32), open a command prompt, 'cd' into that directory and register it by typing "regsvr32 proppage.dll"

Tony

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using Graphstudio/Graphedit on Windows Vista you have to make to sure
    proppage.dll is in place and registered.

Attachments

• proppage.zip
      30.6 KB

zasz

Portal Member
    January 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ... and if it still doesn't work? I seem to be able to connect to the graph properly (I can stop and start playback from graphstudio) but it doesn't show any graphs. I'm on XP but I tried the proppage thing anyway, but it still doesn't work...

SitheSly

Portal Member
    August 12, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    To use GraphStudio (or GraphEdit) in Vista you need an extra DLL - 'proppage.dll' - installed/registered (otherwise it can't connect to the 'remote graph').

i.e. copy proppage.dll to (c:\Windows\system or system32), open a command prompt, 'cd' into that directory and register it by typing "regsvr32 proppage.dll"

Tony

For 64 bit systems, copy proppage.dll into syswow64 and register there. But only use the 32 bit version of graphStudio.

Si

GarenT

Portal Member
    August 4, 2009
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for posting this how-to!! it worked for me and allowed me to see that Windows 7 was overriding my decoder choices in MP and was able to fix my video stuttering problem!!

Thanks again!!!

Garen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom