Green screen crash after dvd playback (1 Viewer)

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey guys,

I had this issue on Sunday. It's the first time we'd watched a dvd since a re-install. Watched the dvd movie with the kids and at the end we watched regular tv for a while (through the tv tuner, not mediaportal). And hour or so later turned the tv back to mediaportal and the screen was green. Tried ctl alt del but didn't see anything happening (but afterwards realised mediaportal was still on top of task manager) but I used unified remote to go into task manager and close mediaportal which worked and left me at the windows screen. I had Watchdog enabled but no log was created. Put it down to bad luck and didn't worry about it.

Later that night we watched a dvd again and same scenario; went back to regular tv and then an hour later mediaportal and another green screen crash of mediaportal. Again close it via unified remote task manager and this time watchdog created a logfile. I don't actually know what I'm looking for in the log files so I've included it here.

If anyone has any clues it'd be much appreaciated.

thanks

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Nope, never found a solution. It still happens after having watched a DVD. After stopping we can immediately watch something else. But once we stop and go back to say watching TV through our TV, then the next time we switch to our MediaPortal media center it'll be the green screen. Only solution is to close MediaPortal and then reopen it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last entry in goughy's Windows application event log says:
    "3/11/2013 8:38:14 PM";"Winlogon";"(0)";"Information";"The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted.";"1073742826"

No idea if that is connected to the issue described as the problem description lacks the specific time details needed to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom