Grid-style miniguide? (1 Viewer)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hy everybody,

I'm new in MediaPortal and it's great, much better than the WMCE I come from. Tried some diferrent skins and I'm looking for something I can't find here.

Is it possible to have a small epg (2 or 3 rows) to navigate the guide while I watch TV? Something like the miniguide I see, but in a grid style (not only now-and-next shows).

Is there some skin that has this feature? I can't find any with it.

Thanks anyway and regards :)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Well anybody seems to have nothing like this, and I think somebody could be interested in it, so I've decided to try do it by myself, but i'll need help.

What I want to do is to change the miniguide that appears pressing the remote OK button while watching TV. I'd like to replace it by a small version of the normal EPG (two timelined rows + description), like one I saw in Windows MediaCenter, which looked like this:

windows7mediacenter42ra.jpg

I use the StreamedMP skin, and I've managed to make this small EPG resizing the controls in MyTVGuide.xml. But I don't kow how to make it appear instead of the now & next miniguide when I press the OK button, and make it work like the normal EPG.

I don't know if it's too complicated, but I think what I need is to change the action of MediaPortal when I press the OK button:
Not to show the MiniGuide window but the modifyed one I've made, and make it operate like the normal tv guide.

Is it possible? Where should I change this?

Tanks in advance :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The mini guide can't be set up that way, and currently even re-skinning the original guide would only be useful if you used the overlaid guide from the info menu, and incomplete if viewed by itself.

I would like to see a 2 stage guide (something like the minimized and expanded INFO OSD) during TV, recordedTV or other non TV sections when media is playing.

e.g., press GUIDE on the remote, and if media is playing you get the min version overlay and have option to expand to full version overlay; if no media is playing, you get the normal guide screen. Maybe use a [Min/Max] button in the area of the day and time scale adjustment arrows.

Chuck

JuanC2

Portal Member
    February 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you Chuck for the answer,

I understand what you tell me, but I'd still like to try it, maybe in another way. The problem is that I'm too new in MediaPortal, and don't know enough about it.

Can I fit two versions (normal and minimyzed) of the normal TV guide in MediaPortal?

Maybe creating a new submenu item in the TV one, with the same action as the normal TV guide but using another skin file? Then maybe I could map it to some button in the remote.

I don't kow if it can be done without touching MediaPortal code. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I'd be nice if there was some way to do something like that. Then MediaPortal would be perfect to me.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom