Grouping files, multiple dvds & movie files can't select problem. (1 Viewer)

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
March 24, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi. Ever since I switched from mediaportal 1 to 2 I have noticed an issue in moving pictures.

In mediaportal 1 when in moving pictures if you selected a film with multiple parts,discs etc.
A little popup would come up showing how many discs there are and allow you to choose which one you want to watch.

Now in mediaportal 2 this never happens. I have to watch or fast forward through the first part/disc, to jump to the second one

Is it possible to fix this and get it to show the select disc popup again ?

Mediaportal v1.3.0.0
Skin - Default wide/classic home
moving pictures v 1.4.0.1418

Thanks

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
March 24, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Oops. This should be in Mediaportal 2 section.
If a mod see's this can you kindly move this to the appropriate section ? :unsure:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @snake_lorenzo, and this is on the same database? As in are you sure a single movie entry has 2+ files grouped? You can verify this with MovPic config.

If it still fails, then it could be down to the skin, try another in that case.

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ya There all grouped. I'm pretty ocd when it comes to my media. Lol

Anyway I think I figured it out. I just did some testing and I noticed that all the movies I stacked that were video_ts folders and movie files ending in (disc 1) (part 1) etc. all remain stacked with the disc selector popup.

But files that are stacked together titled something like, anger management (low quality).mp4 and anger management (yify).mp4 don't stack but remain grouped so it doesn't get the disc select popup.

So either it has something to do with the naming or something to do with the fact anger management (low quality) was already added and when I added anger management (yify).mp4 to the folder it automatically grouped and somehow skips being "stacked" but still gets grouped or something like that.

I'm going to remove the movie, and then re-add both and group them to see if they stack to confirm.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That's the default setting "always group movies in the same folder". Disable that and both movies will import individually (or do not put them in the same folder).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom