[NVIDIA] GT430 (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    So I thought I'd go treat myself to a shiny new video card and this little baby did the trick:
    http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page...&Itemid=100251&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=100251
    It's a big step up from my old GS7600, and it's looking sweet :D
    There's only one little problem so far - the HDMI cable I have is an older 'big' type on both ends, this card has a newer 'mini' HDMI on it so I've had to go VGA for the time being...

It's seriously improved the video quality and there is no longer any stuttering on video...

All in all I'm impressed so far, but the GF is no longer talking to me after I commandeered the TV all night long!
    She's withholding privileges as we spaek :( Women!!!! Can't she understand that this is WAY more important than Neighbours!!!
    Sigh...

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Eh! Typical Tyke... buys new shiny card, but won't buy the cable to use it ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Have you come into money? New DVB-S card and new GT430; your head must be spinning!

Seems a great card that one; keep us posted on how it goes.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I managed to get a good deal on some old whippet parts and weaponised Yorkshire puds I had laying about. Also found a few quid stuffed inside one of me carrier pidgeons ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    They like everything BIG!! in Yorkshire, don't they ;)

Gotta have a comparison

GT430_passive.jpg

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    What a puny card! I LIKE EM BIGGER!!

~ I like the fact that the card is named after your Friday night alter ego ;)

#edit#
    Sent the secret sheep out to get the appropriate cable - let's see how this card performs via the HDMI

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Well well - this card rocks!
    Silent (obviously thanks to that HUGE sink) and fast enough to chew and spit all the HD content I've chucked at it.
    Picture quality seems to be mighty fine too - colours look a lot more vibrant and blacks actually look black

I am indeed a chicken of happiness - A Ferret of Felicity might be more appropriate though ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can I just ask, SpudR, are you using the automatic refresh rate changer with your card? I can't use that with my ASUS Geforce 430 and HDMI without horrible lip sync issues. :(

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom