TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I'd read it was inherent with nvidia drivers.. I think its always hand shaking. Bot beyond my expertise tbh! Nothings ever easy is it!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Does this happen outside of MediaPortal as well? Running 1.2.3 final, I couldn't use Automatic Refresh Rate Changer as the lipsync broke right away. However, running 1.3.0. Alpha, using HDMI audio works 100%, even with ARRC enabled.

Emph

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Country flag
    The handshaking caused me issues in windows too yes. Regarding lipsync with HD TV streams with DD audio.. I think I use refresh rate changed to get 24p on my movies.. I'll try turning it off. It does set the correct 60hz though. Thanks.

I'm 1.2.3 too

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Country flag
    How hot do you find these cards (430) run ? I have one in my HTPC. Even with a noisy fan, it still gets very hot (70 - 80 C I guess).

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    How hot do you find these cards (430) run ? I have one in my HTPC. Even with a noisy fan, it still gets very hot (70 - 80 C I guess).
    Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though that it's pretty crowded inside my HTPC case, with only a few millimeters of space between the heatsink and the tuner card next to it. It used to run even hotter until I forced the space open as far as I could with a rubber spacer. I guess inadequate airflow is the problem in my case.

But otherwise I am very pleased with the GT430. Every video I throw at it plays with absolute perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

AW: Der perfekte MePo-fertig-Client Coverflow und 1080i gehen ohne Probleme und flüssig? Inkl. VA?
    AW: Der perfekte MePo-fertig-Client Coverflow und 1080i gehen ohne Probleme und flüssig? Inkl. VA?
    Hi, ich hab das grad entdeckt und wollte meine Entdeckung mit euch teilen. Von allen Fertig-HTPCs die ich bisher gesehen hab die...
    Replies
    Views
    amd a6 5400k is prob the sweetspot if wanting a cheap client that still has good performance. it also is best value and can handle 1080i with ease.
    amd a6 5400k is prob the sweetspot if wanting a cheap client that still has good performance. it also is best value and can handle...
    Hi everyone, I'm coming from a WMC + MyMovies plug-in user who switched to XBMC after becoming disgruntled with the lack of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Zotac ZBOX DVD ID31 DE
    Hallo, ich frage mich ob der Zotac ZBOX DVD ID31 wohl für MediaPortal von der Leistung her reicht, wenn man damit Folgendes vorhat: Videos schauen (vielleicht auch mal aus dem Fernsehen aufgenommenes HD) Musik abspielen Bilder anschauen Online Videos (z.B. ZDF Mediathek) abspielen DVD schauen Oder habt ihr einen anderen...
    Hallo, ich frage mich ob der Zotac ZBOX DVD ID31 wohl für MediaPortal von der Leistung her reicht, wenn man damit Folgendes...
    Hallo, ich frage mich ob der Zotac ZBOX DVD ID31 wohl für MediaPortal von der Leistung her reicht, wenn man damit Folgendes...
    Replies
    Views
    Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
    Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
    Hey guys, before I begin, I want to say I appreciate any help you can offer. Basically, I have been using Windows Media Center for...
    Replies
    Views
    My first contact with Media Portal was in begin 2008. In November 2009 I presented my first configuration Multiseat setup Media Server / Mini-iTX Client, and year of operation as it introduced the Another ION HTPC - T.I.B. It was confirmed that I was on the right way and so in May 2010 I drew on experience from the operation of the...
    My first contact with Media Portal was in begin 2008. In November 2009 I presented my first configuration Multiseat setup Media...
    My first contact with Media Portal was in begin 2008. In November 2009 I presented my first configuration Multiseat setup Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom