Guess Im missing something... a little help? (1 Viewer)

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I just installed this and I cant seem to get it to properly scan my TV Series based on the mask Ive provided.

Ive only enabled one "parsing expression" as follows as thats the format every one of my TV Series files use:
Code:
\<series>\Season <season>\<season>x<episode> - <title>.<ext>

When I run the parsing test it doesnt recognize a single value. This setup looks pretty straight forward, but Ive obviously missed something. Is there any tutorial or anything written up on the configuration / usage of this great plugin?

Thanks in advance!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    That should work just fine. How do you define your import folders? I think you'll need to have either the folder above your series folders or you need to remove the first \.

Example:
    Import folder = d:\Seinfeld
    then you'll need to disable the first \ so the expression looks like so:
    <series>\Season <season>\<season>x<episode> - <title>.<ext>

or if your import folder is: d:\TV Series
    which then has a subfolder "Seinfeld" and so on, then your expression should work.

timofcourse

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Ive tried with both a leading and no leading slash and it still doesnt work. Ive uploaded screenshots of my setup... see anything Im missing??

Btw... what are the 'regexp' parsing expressions all about? Do I need to use those as well? If so, how in the world does one decode those things?

Thanks again!!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, your filenames don't match your expressions.

You're files are
    <Series>\Season <season>\<season>x<episode> - <title.<ext>
    whereas your enabled expression expect
    <Series>\Season <season>\Episode <episode> - <title>.<ext>

Note how "Episodes" expects the actual word "Episode" to be in your filename.

Did you ever try with the default expressions. For most people they should work just fine.

Regex, or regular expressions are basically a query language to search through text (in our case the filename) which allow for complex rules. You can read more about them eg. on Wiki.

timofcourse

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Jesus... you know if you stare at something long enough you start to see things that arent really there. I had the correct expression created originally, but when I went back to play around with the leading slash, I was modifying the one in the screenshot. As soon as I removed the leading slash in the original (correct) expression (as you originally suggested) - it worked like a charm!!

Thanks a ton for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom