Windows Version: XP_SP2
CPU Type: Pentium III 1GHz
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Acorp 8515E
Video Card: ATI 9550SE
Video Card Driver: Latest Catalyst
Video Card Resolution: 848x480
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: any (mpeg2dec, elecard)
Audio Codec Type & Version: any
Audio Card Audiotek Maya 5.1MKII
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: latest

Hello,

I decided to upgrade my HTPC from ATI9000PRO to ATI9550SE so I could take advantage ov hardware directx 9.0. But, as it allways happens, I found one problem. When full screen MP GUI is shown it flickers on some screens, most on EPG screen when it seams like some other screen "is trying" to jump in front of EPG screen. If I switch to different skin (MP blue) flickering is much less present, but it occures from time to time. Also as I can observe, flickering is connected to certain colour (maybe colours) on GUI, and that drives me to conclusion that it is related to overlay displaying but where it should be seted up? I have all video content displaying seted up to VMR9 (TV, Video, DVD)... is there any options like that for GUI rendering?

Thanks in advance

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Have you tried enabling exclusive direct x mode? It is under general in configuration, if I remember correctly.

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
jawbroken said:
Have you tried enabling exclusive direct x mode? It is under general in configuration, if I remember correctly.

Yes, actualy it was set that way with 9000PRO and I didn't change it, so exclusive direct x mode is on.

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
hellmelt said:
Hi!
I had a smilar problem with an ATI9250 board. See http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8955.

Changed to a ATI9550 and everything is fine. Maybe you'll find some help in the other thread.

I'm not too familiar with ATI models. What does the SE mean after 9550?

/hellmelt

Hi,

If I'm not wrong SE means that GPU has 64 instead of 128 bit data bus, it is cheaper and slower than 9550 without SE, but it should work fine with mp since it is not DOOM9 :) at least I hope so.

I peeked at thread where you described your problem and mine is a bit different... my MP GUI screen looks ok, but it flickers like something beneath is trying to get on top...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    try putting "Mediaportal is always on top" in the "general" section of settings (setup app)

thats fixed the webbrowser doing the same thing for me

jdivic

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Croatia
    SiLenTYL said:
    try putting "Mediaportal is always on top" in the "general" section of settings (setup app)

thats fixed the webbrowser doing the same thing for me

thank you, I'll give it a try as soon as I come home tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom