[confirm] GUI froozen after resume from hibernate (1 Viewer)

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The last times, the MediaPortal GUI was completely frozen after resuming from hibernate.
    The GUI showed an old frame with the time, when the system was hibernating.
    The task manager showed MediaPortal still as responsive, but there is no reaction on any keypresses.
    Please find attached logs:
    The system resumed from hibernate at 2012-07-16 23:03.
    After not responding to any keys, I killed MediaPortal from the task manager and stored the logs.
    After starting MediaPortal again, everything works as expected.

Regards,
    --Alex

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you seco.
    Yesterday, I already deactivated the World Weather and Moving Pictures plugin, and was also trying the "Apply workaround to fix MediaPortal" option, but this all didn't help.
    I will continue trying in the evening. I think only remaining plugin is IRSS - I will deactivate all plugins.
    I wonder why there are no serious error messages in the logs. MePo seems still running, but is just not redrawing anything. I never had such a problem with all the versions before.
    --Alex

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you seco.
    Yesterday, I already deactivated the World Weather and Moving Pictures plugin, and was also trying the "Apply workaround to fix MediaPortal" option, but this all didn't help.
    I will continue trying in the evening. I think only remaining plugin is IRSS - I will deactivate all plugins.
    I wonder why there are no serious error messages in the logs. MePo seems still running, but is just not redrawing anything. I never had such a problem with all the versions before.
    --Alex

Is it possible to navigate with a keyboard/mouse or is it really frozen?
    Thanks!

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is totally frozen, no visible reaction on keyboard, mouse, no screen update. The screen content shows the time/date, when the system hibernated - so it is an old content.
    But task manager does NOT show the process as "not responding". Usually, when I had a hang up with earlier versions in the past, the task manager always showed MediaPortal as not responding.

--Alex

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I deactivated all 3rd party plugins and it happened again at the third resume from hibernate. See new logs. There is an error with the mixer. Is this serious?
    --Alex

2012-07-18 22:25:21.205078 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.1
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.CreateInstance()
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.get_Instance()
    bei MediaPortalApp.OnResume()
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)
    2012-07-18 22:25:21.205078 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Mixer.GetControl.1
    2012-07-18 22:25:21.206054 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: site :MixerControlDetails GetControl(MediaPortal.Mixer.MixerComponentType, MediaPortal.Mixer.MixerControlType)
    2012-07-18 22:25:21.206054 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :Core
    2012-07-18 22:25:21.206054 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.CreateInstance()
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.get_Instance()
    bei MediaPortalApp.OnResume()
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    can someone say anything to the Mixer.GetControl exception above??
    Regards,
    --Alex

I can only say that it doesn't look too good. As long as you have errors in the logs anything can go wrong in the wake up. Do you have some kind of "exotic" volume settings or something (other than defaults)?

Also you have very bad looking errors in your TV-Server logs.

Last edited:

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where can the volume settings be done in MediaPortal? I use the AMD HDMI audio device. Nothing special, and everything works, when I freshly start MediaPortal - so the config can not be that wrong. I don't need volume control within the application, since I use a av receiver.

Only exotic point: I use a shell replacement for explorer.exe - but I did that also with earlier versions of MediaPortal.[DOUBLEPOST=1342714802][/DOUBLEPOST]Should I totally clean up everything and install MediaPortal new??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom